SiO 2018 - Day Nine.

Kerbside hard waste collection this week.

DSCF0173.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Today is the day I would have dropped without specific theme. Little bit flu and tired, luckily I had a theme and plenty of choices.

Church of Olaus Petri is special church in Finland. Until 2007 it served under Swedish Lutheran church, nowadays Finnish Lutheran church, but still home church for all Swedish citizens living in Finland.

Olaus Petri studied in university of Wittenberg 1515-1518 and was heavily influenced by Martin Luther himself. Olaus Petri translated Bible from Latin to Swedish and he is kept as father of written Swedish. Roughly ten years later Finnish scholar Mikael Agricola joined the same university and studied under tuition of Martin Luther as well. Mikael Agricola invented written Finnish and translated Bible to Finnish, what a coincidence :)
And how convenient, we both have Evangelical Lutheran Churches in Finland and Sweden.

945D3517-2318-4767-8BFD-EF01CB6B1A7F.jpeg

Edit: I realised that this was 1/6s and handheld. Not bad, IMO

Last edited:
Travel day today, so I was actually lucky I shot a safety before boarding the train - it was already dark when I came home; very uneventful, i.e. boring journey, too.

IMAG0098_klein.jpg

It actually wasn't easy to scan this image - hand scanning isn't conducive to producing "straight" lines (well, mostly ...) - but anyway, I'm knackered, so firing up the workstation and big scanner won't happen today.

M.

With a new office - comes new office politics. A busybody manager at work keeps spouting the word OSHA and insisting that my using this Neodymium Magnetic Coat Peg will doom everyone in my row to a fiery demise as it "obstructs" the safety clearance of the aisle. She can't even tell me what the OSHA minimum requirement is (28" for an exit aisle). The clearance from where my jacket starts to the opposite row is 42+ inches. Fortunately I don't report to her, so I bought a pair and put it up. The lockers they gave us won't even hold up a short winter coat without drooping on the interior floor - and goodness knows what that will smell and be like after the first three snow storms, dripping and leaking. Beautiful cubes, not particularly functional.

SiOCT-2018-023-Edit-LREdit.jpg

Back