Micro 4/3 Review of Olympus 45mm f/1.8

soundimageplus

Top Veteran
6217765064_366494a8a9_z.jpg

My review of the Olympus 45mm f/1.8 lens.
Soundimageplus: Olympus 45mm f/1.8 review

No surprises - I'm as impressed as everybody else. I've posted lots of full-size images (via flickr) many at f/1.8 on E-P3 and G3 cameras.

Great little review. We have just got them in our shop and i have sold one already. The customer has read loads of reviews and said that everyone's giving it top marks. This will go well with my 25mm f1.8....or would the 45mm leica macro be better??

Great little review. We have just got them in our shop and i have sold one already. The customer has read loads of reviews and said that everyone's giving it top marks. This will go well with my 25mm f1.8....or would the 45mm leica macro be better??

If the macro isn't important to you, and it isn't to me as I shoot virtually nothing that close, then the Olympus is faster, smaller, lighter and cheaper. I think the 45mm f/1.8 is just as sharp, though I don't have a Panasonic to compare it with. I have however have a couple of them, and I looked at some images taken with them and the Olympus looked pretty much the same.

I'm presuming you mean the 25mm f/1.4?? The Olympus isn't that sharp, but then I don't think much else is. A truly amazing lens.

Back