Ricoh Sean Reid rolling review started of GXR M mount.

Thanks for this, I received the email...and wondered if our pal dorfinator had become a subscriber or not.;)

What do you think bbodine9? By the way, it's good to see you around these parts - you've been missed!

I have and wish I hadn't. I tried reading through his initial report and realized that I was not going to get much out of his analysis that I already know. And that's not much. I even glanced through his A12 28mm "rolling" review and it just confirmed my waste of money.

I just recently saw some photos taken with both the 28 & 50 modules on the ricohforum.com that should have satisfied any question I may have had on either of those module's IQ.

What I did get out of his initial report which I would have figured out in due time are a couple possible firmware updates (don't know it it's possible) but they are faster write times/buffer to take a few pictures in rapid sequence and I think the ability to not have to turn on the LCD if you have it off to make changes to shutter and aperture where you want the LCD to just come on temporaily and then back off when you press the shutter.

Of course until I get my hands on mine I will no better how it operates.

But what it really comes down to, if I really wanted or needed 10 frames per second, unlimited buffeting, etc etc id be hauling around an SLR that I can't fit in my trouser/jacket pocket.

My kids aren't in sports and I don't need that kind of action camera. He did say that using the camera via the zone mode and using the M module works really well. Well hey, you set any of today's lens at f/8 and focus to 10 -15 feet every thing is in focus.

Anyway, the GXR is what it is an APS-C sized sensor camera that's filling a niche that offers a product that is well made.

Now I just have to get home. Sitting in the La Guardia airport to catch my US Scareways flight home!

rolling review..........

Thanks for this, I received the email...and wondered if our pal dorfinator had become a subscriber or not.;)

What do you think bbodine9? By the way, it's good to see you around these parts - you've been missed!

Thanks! It has been an extremely busy summer...last daughter married off, wife in the hospital for surgery and work has not let up even a little bit, so basically very few photo opps for me but hopefully this fall will bring some free time on the weekends.

Dorf, thanks for your review - and I look forward to your real hands on, first person singular, real life impressions very soon. Take care on Scareways and just look out the window!:D

bbdodine, first congratulations upon marrying off your last daughter...or should I say congratulations to your daughter upon her recent nuptials?:flowers_2: I'm very sorry about your wife's surgery but hope she is well healed and in good health now. We will be here for you whenever you're around and have the time. Best wishes on the free time, as well.:friends:

Back