Leica Corrupted Card ......

christilou

Legend
L1001172.jpg

I'm suddenly getting about half my files coming into Lightroom like this, all skew whiff. Could it be the card is corrupted? I notice that my M240 also jams a lot again when using the Olympus viewfinder, it did this some time ago and finally stopped working altogether. Just trying to avoid a 3 month trip to Wetzlar for it :(

Only way to test theory one - try another card that you know to be working.

First, try a factory reset ... I don't have the manual here with me to know that sequence though.

Here's hoping!

Thanks Carl, I changed the card so we'll see, although the three fast (ish) cards I have are all the same age and have been in continuous use between the three cameras!

Hmm ...

Do you work with DNGs or jpegs from the camera?

There are free photo editors you can try, like RawTherapee. If it's a lightroom problem, the "skew" won't show up in another photoeditor ...

I agree with Leica's assessment - it's more likely to be a Lightroom issue. There are many better choices out there today than Lightroom anyway, so I would encourage you to invest in something else (Capture One, DXO Optics Pro, etc.). In the meantime, I like Carl's suggestion - try a free photo editor and see if you get the same result. If you're on a Mac, you should just be a able to look at the preview image in Finder, or try it in the Preview app or the Photos app, all of which should support your file type.

I've been using LR "classic" since version 2...... I know it's on it's last legs! I'm also on a Mac. I have DXO which I bought some time ago but can't seem to get on with it. LR just seems more logical to me because of it's catalogue..... I have A LOT of pics :) I have found a cure however, if I click "update" in the "Transform" section it will correct the frame with no problem. Still not sure why it should be doing it though in the first place!

I would agree that from the image you posted it certainly is an odd situation. As much as we may remain LR fans it probably is a good idea to try another editor, maybe even Snapseed, just to see how the same files react in another post processing environment.
Save your catalog and then uninstall LR followed by a reinstall. Moving catalogs can be a bit tricky but if the problem appears to lie with LR then it's most likely worth the work.
'Just some thoughts. Good luck.
. . . David

Back