SiJ 2018 - Day Six.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
“I think that emotional content is an image’s most important element, regardless of the photographic technique. Much of the work I see these days lacks the emotional impact to draw a reaction from viewers, or remain in their hearts.”
Annie Leibovitz

Leibovitz is an American portrait photographer who made a name for herself in her ten-year role as chief photographer for Rolling Stone magazine.

Can't help being first. I was out before sparrowfart, didnt get the shot I wanted but I figured this would do. Cropped and Snapseeded.

808494E9-29FD-4D3A-A610-2A9B9AF8251F.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lots of snow and super cold this morning in northern Vermont. A -16°F at 7AM probably means I won't be getting outside too much today. Noticed this one leaf on our snowy front porch as I came back from making a run to the trash. The multiple textures in the snow caught my eye as well as the color of the leaf. X-E2, Jupiter 8, processed in LR "Classic".
. . . David
Leaf in the Snow (1 of 1).jpg

My favorite Spring plant, Mountain Laurel (Kalmia latifolia). Depending on elevation, these plants are covered with showy clusters of small bell-shaped white/pink/purple flowers from early May through late June. The waxy evergreen leaves are characteristic of the the family Ericaceae, which includes Azaleas and Rhododendrons.

Day 6.JPG

94545B29-69E1-42FF-A832-FA011D81F6BF.jpeg

Day Six - the wrong time to sleep

I’m know the Earth isn’t flat. Least not always. I’ve huffed and puffed up enough hills and mountains to know, at the very least, it’s extremely lumpy and bumpy. Today I could be fooled though - I am completely steam rolled over flat after a very late night last night and have missed the best part of the day to sleep.

Karen

Back