[WINNER CHOSEN] 38th SC Challenge: Night Scene

I looked back in past challenges and could not find a "Night" topic after 2012, so its time to do it again, I think.

Here's an example. Hours of darkness only, please :)

IMG_0621.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The challenge will run for two weeks (approximately) and I'll close it on Monday 17th July, around 6am, Australian Eastern Standard Time. I'll give warning of closure on AEST Sunday night. Requesting advance forgiveness for my inability to meaningfully crit submissions, I just don't think that way.

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the images in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo-challenge, after all!

4. The winner will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Salon Challenge, and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the SC Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter his or her own salon

One of my favorite night shots, taken slightly after midnight, in Ladd's Addition, one of the oldest residential sections of Portland, Oregon, where labyrinthine small streets circle ancient tiny plazas each of which is graced by a very, very old rose garden. It rains often in the 'Northwest' and even when it's not raining, there can be some moisture in the air, not quite fog but almost, which creates a diffusion effect on the street lighting. Taken with a diminutive Panasonic LX7 compact camera at relatively high ISO's, which further enhanced the grainy feel of the image. Being alone in this beautiful old garden, in the middle of the night, felt almost magical - and the photo captured some of that feeling for me.

38497070.6ed0300d.1024.jpg

Rose Garden at night
by MiguelATF, on ipernity

Back