Evening Camera Check Portrait

I recently picked up a used X-T1 in incredible condition for a very good price. I plan on using it this coming weekend at our younger son's college graduation along with an XF 50-140mm f/2.8 I have coming in from Lens Rentals. I grabbed this image last night in the kitchen as I was unpacking the X-T1 and checking it over with my wife looking on. 'Nice incandescent light from the stove hood. 'Thought I'd share it. X-T1, XF35/1.4, ISO640, f1.4, processed in LRCC.
. . .David
Darlene in the Kitchen (1 of 1).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I recently picked up a used X-T1 in incredible condition for a very good price. I plan on using it this coming weekend at our younger son's college graduation along with an XF 50-140mm f/2.8 I have coming in from Lens Rentals. I grabbed this image last night in the kitchen as I was unpacking the X-T1 and checking it over with my wife looking on. 'Nice incandescent light from the stove hood. 'Thought I'd share it. X-T1, XF35/1.4, ISO640, f1.4, processed in LRCC.
. . .David
View attachment 125368

You will enjoy it I am sure. Lovely piece of kit. I need to dust mine off. It has taken a back seat since the arrival of the Sony A6300.........so maybe this weekend.

It is evident from your shooting angle how quickly the depth of field falls off as her left eye is slightly soft. That lens is one of my favorites and produces a beautiful, to me, rendering. Congratulations and enjoy!

Truth be known, this is my second time with an X-T1. Glad to have it join the Fuji X body stable. This one appears to be a refurb of some sort, not a scratch on the body, "JPEG counter" started at zero. ('Didn't expect that. ;-) ) And it seems to render JPEGS much differently than round one. Maybe it's the more recent firmware upgrade? Dunno. I've noticed this sort of scenario before when I've sold a Fuji body and then picked up a refurb later on of the same body.
The XF35? Yup, it was my first Fuji lens. 'Tain't going' nowhere. It's one of my favorite lenses too.
Thanks for the comments.
. . . David

After yet another GAS attack I picked up a Zeiss Planar 50/2 for my M-E and R-D1s. I really like the way it renders, and thought I'd share an image from the first day trying it out. Leica M-E, Zeiss Planar 50/2, processed in LRCC and Tonality.
. . . David
Darlene - Leica-Zeiss (1 of 1).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back