Sony Image data converter v5 crashing all the time on Macbook (Sierra)

MrJoshua

Name
Jim
Hi folks

Now that I've had a good bit of a meddle with my new M5, I've taken a pic today of the kids which I decided I wanted to edit the raw file. That's where the fun began.

I currently have a macbook with Photoshop CS5 on it (which I think has Camera Raw 6.7 - will have to check to be sure but I think the latest version of ACR for CS5).
Now from what I can see adobe camera raw 9.8 supports the RX100 M5 ARW files, but that's not compatible with CS5, so naturally I'm trying Sony's own software.

There's the next problem. Every time I startup up Image Data Converter (latest version), it opens then crashes within a couple of seconds, so currently I have no means of opening a raw file. And that's making me feel a little bit.....raw. (Sorry).

I've tried reinstalling it to no avail, and every time I've had this sort of issue in the past it's been because of outdated software for the OS I'm using, yet this is the latest version, and from a big brand like Sony.

Does anyone else have a mac that's running sierra OS, and have this program working?
Or is there something else I'll have to try downloading to open the RX's raw files?

Bit annoying but I've come across similar issues in the past with new canon raw formats with poor support at first etc.

Appreciate any useful info on this anyway, thanks!

Back