Feedback Ad viewing now optional for all members

Amin

Hall of Famer
Up until now, ads have been disabled for subscribing members, members who attest to using our affiliate links (honor system), and members who have posted 20 times in the past 30 days.

I realize that there are likely some members who don't fall into any of those categories but strongly dislike the ads and don't want to use an ad blocker, so I've made ad viewing optional.

You can find the new setting under preferences: https://www.seriouscompacts.com/account/preferences

Please read the entire description for this setting before making your choice!

very nice move, Amin. Pretty much everywhere I go online, I'm bombarded by ads. I've noticed that I've pretty much become numb to them, so I clicked "yes" to allow ads for myself. But they don't seem to be showing up anywhere....is this a setting that does not take effect right away?

Hi Luke,

The following groups don't see ads no matter what you choose for that setting:
  • Moderators
  • Subscribing members
  • Members who have posted more than 20 times in the past 30 days
  • Affiliate patrons
So basically there is no way in h--- you are going to see a banner ad on this site :).

All best,
Amin

Does anyone else remember "Max Headroom" and the "blipverts" that were designed to be so fast that you couldn't look away from the screen quickly enough to avoid them? They made people's heads explode, as I recall... It sometimes feel like reality has caught up with fiction.

Ironically, given what I do, I absolutely abhor and abominate being sold at. As a matter of principle I never buy from anyone or anything that tries to cold-sell to me. This is greatly appreciated, Amin, thank you.

Back