Sony How to select or mark photos?

Anna

I'm trying to pick out my best shots and mark them while they are still in the camera, like Favorites. But I can't find a way to mark them.
My intention is to then transfer just the marked photos to my iPad via wifi (I have Mark 3) when I can connect. It is too hard to select the photos from the tiny 9-image screen offered in the Play Memories app and I don't want upload everything. Any suggestions appreciated.

Hmm, I may have some to upload tonight when i get home from dinner out, so I'll take a peek. What I usually do is plug the SD card into the adapter for my iPad, and upload all of them, but I think there is a way. Just cant remember what it is right now

I'll be curious! I have been downloading (importing) off the SD onto the iPad. Maybe because the card now has a couple thousand photos on it, the iPad card reader takes so long to read that it never actually gers to the end where the new stuff I am trying to get at is. Hence my search for a workaround.

Maybe because the card now has a couple thousand photos on it, the iPad card reader takes so long to read that it never actually gers to the end where the new stuff I am trying to get at is.
I think that's right. When I'm transferring pictures from my RX100 to my PC, by far the longest part of the process is the Sony Cybershot software searching the SD card for new files. The actual transfer is quite fast by comparison.

The answer, of course, is to delete old files from the SD card once you've transferred them and backed them up somewhere. I should do that myself too !

-R

I'm travelling, with only the Sony camera, an older iPad and its Camera Card reader. Where I'm stuck is with the HD card in the iPad and the iPad Photo app offering to import, but never showing the thumbnails for me to chose ( I think because there are too many). So I'm looking in the Sony sub-menus for an alternative way to get some select SD card photos on to the iPad.
Anna

I'll be curious! I have been downloading (importing) off the SD onto the iPad. Maybe because the card now has a couple thousand photos on it, the iPad card reader takes so long to read that it never actually gers to the end where the new stuff I am trying to get at is. Hence my search for a workaround.

Oh dear. I never have that many to upload because I delete after I do the upload. Most I have ever tried at once was about 75.

Anyway, all that needs to be done is click on the shot you want to import and the "Import" link changes to "import selected". Delete the rest. And yes, you probably have too many photos on the card, iPad3 is probably way too slow to cope.

I can see how to import all, or all this date, or click the check boxes to select on the 9-picture panel. But they are too small to see. I was hoping to select/mark as I took the photo, or, to select from a full screen view, then import later.
Thanks for your reply, kyteflyer!

Back