Memesagamesing Lake

Ray Sachs

Legend
Name
you should be able to figure it out...
I haven't posted many photos lately. I seem to have lost my jones for photography, so I'm mostly shooting when I happen to be somewhere interesting or scenic, rather than just going out and looking for stuff to shoot. We spent most of last week at (and traveling back and forth to) my wife's aunt and uncle's lake house way up in Ontario, Canada, near a little town called Port Loring. Some family shots elsewhere, but here are a few scenic shots and a couple of their adorable little dogs, Riley and Lacey. Riley is the same breed of the dog we lost back in February and he reminds me of her a lot. And Lacey is just way too cute! Really nice place, and a great time...

28240064980_8b61edb150_h.jpg
Memesagamesing Lake
by Ray, on Flickr

28240068120_138fdac397_h.jpg
Memesagamesing Lake
by Ray, on Flickr

28240070190_daf9260bde_h.jpg
Memesagamesing Lake
by Ray, on Flickr

28240060580_10ff63b7a9_h.jpg
Memesagamesing Lake
by Ray, on Flickr

28240055420_9e8e3bffc1_h.jpg
Memesagamesing Lake
by Ray, on Flickr

28240052110_824a5c1830_h.jpg
Memesagamesing Lake
by Ray, on Flickr

28240049280_3d3a1984a5_h.jpg
Memesagamesing Lake
by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

thumbs up from me....northern Wisconsin and Canada are fairly interchangeable if you're looking at lakes.....and I've used scenes like that for my "ideal of beauty" for a very long time. As long as there are not a ton of mosquitos, that is my version of heaven right there. Dogs welcome, of course.

thumbs up from me....northern Wisconsin and Canada are fairly interchangeable if you're looking at lakes.....and I've used scenes like that for my "ideal of beauty" for a very long time. As long as there are not a ton of mosquitos, that is my version of heaven right there. Dogs welcome, of course.
Looking at the map as we planned how to get up there, I was sort of surprised at how close it is to Michigan and even Wisconsin - I can imagine it's not all that different based on the latitude... Their place is for sale and I'd almost think about a relocation (depending on November...), but 1 - it's waaaay too cold up there for me in the winter, 2 - its probably more isolated than I'd like full time, and 3 - it's only accessible by boat and there's no electricity except for what you can make with a generator and I'm just not that tough... Oh, and the place isn't insulated... Other than THAT, though ;)

-Ray

I'm glad #4 is getting some love here from Joe and Lucille - it's my favorite of the bunch by a lot but none of the non-photographers who have seen this stuff on Facebook have given it a second look. My wife really likes it too though.

Thanks folks...

-Ray

Does the prop on the boat have something to keep it from getting entangled in all the vegetation?
He was able to pull the motor up so the prop was just below the surface. But we had a pretty clear path through the vegetation. I was hanging over the bow checking for rocks, but the plants were no problem...

-Ray

Back