What Is It Wednesday - Week 43

Richard

All-Pro
Welcome to this week's What Is It Wednesday, posted on a Thursday this time just to add to the general air of mystery. A reminder of the rules:

Each member gets one guess. The answer will be revealed on the following Tuesday. The first correct guess has the honour of submitting the image for the next challenge. Sometimes there will be more than one thing in the photo or more than one way to accurately describe what the photo represents. The original poster will be the final judge of who is "most correct".

Here's the image:

26935708146_98cdf2e7ae_z.jpg
mystery thing
by Richard, on Flickr

I'm giving this a quick bump as time will be up around this time tomorrow and we've only had two guesses so far.

In case I made this one too difficult, here are a couple of hints. The colours are significant and the object is decorative and has a purpose. You're not looking at the inside of something.

-R

somehow those clues have made me more confused than I was when I first saw it. I'm going with a plastic shovel (like a child would use with a plastic bucket to play in the sand on a beach). I'm nearly 100% certain I am wrong, but I had to guess SOMETHING.

Time's up and I can now reveal that this week's mystery object is a bird feeder, seen here in its summer quarters on a scruffy bit of old carpet in the shed.

View attachment 118953bird feeder by Richard, on Flickr

I think it's supposed to look like a flower - a daisy perhaps. Or a fried egg.

I thought someone might suggest it was a fly swat and actually it's not so easy to select a winner this time as nobody was close. It's clear that Bill was the most wrong, but it's hard to choose between Susan and Luke. But I don't really see the shovel similarity, and I can see how it could be a patio table, so that's the winning guess I think.

Over to Susan again ...

-R

Back