Animals Bokkie - A Springbok

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
I did get close to this guy - he hung around the cottages on the Game Reserve - he had been deserted by his mother and reared by a Ranger, so he thought that he was human

He would quite happily come into the cottage and walk around grabbing the odd apple .. if you were sat on the grass he would come up to you and make friends

He liked to flight, and would butt your leg - you would be surprised how strong these small guys are

his horns had been reduced in size - I was told that one had broken and the other had been cut down to match

anyway he had no intention of joining the other Springboks on the Reserve and preferred the gated area around the cottages

He is a beautiful animal - happy to live alongside man - we were very lucky to experience him

This is probably why

Here's a guy who had just lost a "fight" - there were two main groups of Springbok - separated by the river on the Reserve - I saw this guy in the distance from the small boat used to go up and down the River - I realised that something was wrong but it was not until we got closer that we realised what had happened

Back