The 24th Photographers' Lounge Salon Challenge: Shine

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Name
Martin Connolly
Hi everyone, please post your interpretations on the theme 'Shine' up to the 22nd of March. Be as literal or metaphorical as you like. But - please - no references to Take That!

Rules as usual:

1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the image in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!

4. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Salon Challenge and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the PL Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter his or her own salon.

Challenging topic! Last time I had promised myself to shoot specifically for a contest, so I will (try to) go out tomorrow to find some literal or metaphorical shiny objects/subjects.

Kettle kickoff 054.JPG

Wow wee, such great photos already submitted!
It's not too shiny around here right now, but I am going watch for something before delving into my library of images.

Last edited:
OK, here we go. It rained and rained in Queenstown (NZ) on the last day of our trip. The sky looked positively evil.....you would imagine Thor sitting above ready to bang the drum and crash the cymbals of thunder. Then.....a chink of light appeared and slowly speared towards the earth and shone for several minutes before deciding we had had enough.

24881007351_e5e33ea8d1_b.jpg
Above Queenstown NZ
by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

That is a wonderful photo. Perfect composition, details in the clouds, texture in the mountains, and a beam of light.
It must have felt very special. I was so impressed when I saw a similar phenomenon in the Grampians.

Back