Free DxO Viewpoint.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
Photoshop and Lightroom both have tools for correcting perspective in photos. DxO Viewpoint is a standalone product that offers much more user control. The give-a-way is version 1.2.1 (V2 is the latest). It is available for 24 hours only.

LINK:

VIDEO:

Terms and Conditions
  • This is a 2-computer lifetime license, for commerical or noncommercial use
  • No free updates; if you update the program, it may turn into a trial
  • No free tech support
  • Can be installed or re-installed whenever you want, as long as you get your license key and download the installer before this offer has ended
  • May not be resold

Last edited:
Good find!!
Yes, CC and Lr don't have free standing adjusting corners, a big deal with some weird keystone effects needing custom adjustments

Photoshop has the skew function, he says having missed the free download.

It does.. but not separate handles for the four corners...
Sometimes it is needed to adjust one corner w/o adjusting the other 3. CC or Lr can only skew by adjusting all 4 corners "L>R" -- Horiz skew, "Up and Down" -- vertical skew
which works if the camera is held straight as you aim it up, w/o shifting the camera to the left or right as you aim the camera up.
If you aim the camera up and to the left, for example, you will need to adjust the four corners separately to straighten it up

It does.. but not separate handles for the four corners...
Sometimes it is needed to adjust one corner w/o adjusting the other 3. CC or Lr can only skew by adjusting all 4 corners "L>R" -- Horiz skew, "Up and Down" -- vertical skew
which works if the camera is held straight as you aim it up, w/o shifting the camera to the left or right as you aim the camera up.
If you aim the camera up and to the left, for example, you will need to adjust the four corners separately to straighten it up

The latest Photoshop lets me do that. Select All - Edit - Transfrom -Skew. Then grab one corner and do with it what you want while the other corners stay in place. I use it all the time.

Okay..
I have CC 14 stand alone , won't do the subscription until Jan 2016…

EDIT:
CC14.1.2 has it also.... :doh:
Thanks... learned a new thing today... it was a good day...

Guess my free DXO ViewPoint is redundant now :D

Last edited:
Okay..
I have CC 14 stand alone , won't do the subscription until Jan 2016…

Ah! I get it. I wondered what the problem was, because I find that skew function quite useful. I'm coming up on the end of my second year with the subscription, and I feel it has been well worth it. Unless they raise the price to what I feel is unreasonable, I'll resubscribe in January. I just wish Lightroom did a better job on Fuji X-trans raw files, as it looks like I'll have to purchase the license for Photo Ninja.

Back