Sony Hyperfocal distance for lansdcapes

RobertA

Rookie
Might have some problems asking in this strange language ;-)

If I'm shooting a landscape and would like to have as much as possible in critical focus, how would I judge the in-focus areas at f/16 and f/11 ?

Thanks in advance
Bob

Go to this web page: Online Depth of Field Calculator

Note the instruction (in the box immediately below the calculation box) to "Use the actual focal length of the lens". Many compact cameras quote lens focal length ranges as "equivalents" to full-frame/35mm cameras, but they are not the actual focal lengths for the type of camera. There is a link (in the same box) to a page showing the actual focal lengths of many compact cameras.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I knew about that website but had forgotten about it :)
I am putting in a Canon 5D as camera type to have a full frame sensor since the RX1(R) is not in the cameras list. Is this correct even though the dot pitch of the sensor is going to be different ?
The problem I have is how to judge the distances not having a "real" distance meter :)

I believe that (for most practical purposes) using the 5D selection would give a "near-enough" result. However, there are many factors involved, and I would recommend looking here and here for a comprehensive review of the subject. It's an extensive and very useful site in general for technical matters relating to photography.

Back