Sony First outing with "new" lens (Canon FD 135mm f3.5 on A6000)

Chris2500dk

Top Veteran
Today I got my very first legacy lens, a Canon FD 135mm f3.5 (from 1981 no less!).
Since it's a lovely day I decided to take a walk through Copenhagen Zoo and see how I'd get along with it.

I have to say it was a complete joy to use, I definetely had some misfocused shots, but I got a nice set of keepers, and the focal length is just about perfect for this Zoo, it would have been too long if I had used the lens on a m43 body.

Focus peaking/magnification and exposure zebras work like a charm, I wouldn't mind a better eyecup and in body stabilization, but I guess that's something to make me upgrade to a potential A7000 later.

All shot as jpeg/standard with +1 contrast and auto DRO, cropping and minor adjustments in Lightroom.

19732381278_18499aa388_c.jpg

Rhino and calf
by Christian Hass Jensen, on Flickr

19732419150_fc913ac10b_c.jpg

But I'm not done playing!
by Christian Hass Jensen, on Flickr

The whole set is here: Copenhagen Zoo 2015-07-22

Here's the little devil, took me a bit to figure out I had to use the adapter to set aperture instead of the aperture ring.
The red stickers mark f5.6, the "lock - open" text has to fit between the stickers. I measured it by opening up to f3.5 and then watching the auto ISO change as I closed the aperture.

DSC09608_LR5.jpg

Back