Fujifilm X-Pro1 w/ 27mm & 35mm Lenses for $950 at B&H

I think I have this coming. I mentioned to a old friend - who has done better than I in his career - that I was going to order it now that B&H have them in stock again. He emailed telling me not to order anything until I got a Monday UPS delivery from B&H, an early birthday gift, he said.

Last edited:
Thanks Luke. I had my eye on this WAY back in 2012, when I decided on the E-M5, which I do love. But I mostly love working with an optical viewfinder, and the rangefinder style VF that gives viewing lines cropped from the whole VF area is for me just about a perfect way to frame an image. I don't need the fastest focus in town - after all, I use an X1 joyfully - and I've got the E-M5 when I need it a bit speedier. Fuji has been insinuating itself into my affections for some time. The X-20 is a joy, as was the X-10, largely because of the VF in them. I had the X100 for a time, sold it when I was broke but loved it. The old GS645S film camera has an astonishingly good lens, and except for a 135mm lens I used on my 4x5 years ago, and which I thought was too constrasty, I've admired the Fujinon's I've met along the way. I've read that the 35mm f1.4 xf lens is a world class optic and the images I've seen confirm that.

So, I may be a grouchy old guy coming up on 64, but I'm jumping out of my skin in anticipation like a pre-schooler. And three years behind is just about right for how I've lived most of my life. Pictures, of course, to follow.

Last edited:
Back