Leica Leica Q typ 116 case search

D

dalethorn

I made this video to show why a compact case like the 18727/18821/18709 is needed to protect the Leica Q lens body in urban environments. If anyone has suggestions for a snug-fit case for the Q, I would appreciate it.

The day bag is the opposite of what I requested in the video (hand in glove fit). The eveready case looks much bulkier than the camera, and I already have Leica's small compact-camera system bag. The holster I also described in the video as having no protection for the lens body/barrel.

Sorry. I never had any problem protecting the similarly protruding lens of the RX1 in a normal small bag, but we all have our own ways of doing things and our own preferences... If you really want a custom fitting lens protector, you could probably get a small bag like an Ona Bowery or one of the smaller Domkes and fabricate a little U-shaped lens slot at one end (maybe some sort of foam covered with fabric?), and then stick a divider in place so when you stick the camera in, the lens can only go into it's protective slot. Then you'd still have about half the bag available for other accessories and personal items...

But form fitting like the ones in your video - no idea. Maybe Luigi will make one in time???

-Ray

The ones in the video are all Leica cases, so my search is based on existing experience rather than purely hope-so. Hopefully someone who has owned the cases I show (of thousands of Leica owners worldwide) will have some ideas.

Edit: The pouches shown below may be a possibility (scroll down, can't get a more direct link).

Leicatime.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Back