Canon Need advice for new G7X

George3

Just got new G7X this morning from B&H. Only concern I have is front wifi sticker and hanging tag were not affixed to camera, as I have seen in several unboxing videos. Other than that camera appears ok. After looking at images on my card, it looks like maybe 60 images were previously taken. Would you keep it or return. I'm a little nervous about a returned camera, if it in fact was. Everything seems in order, and I'm really loving this camera. Lens appears sharper than I thought it would be, even wide open. What do you think? Return or go with it, since lens appears really sharp, with minimal corner softness.

As long as B&H sold it as new and you have the full warranty, I'd hold onto it if you're otherwise happy with it. There are always gonna be some number of less than great copies of small cameras that pack as much in as this one, so it's very possible you could return this excellent copy because it may not be brand new and get a brand new copy with problems of one sort or another. I haven't heard about an unusual number of problems with this camera, but there have been some.

If it ain't broke...

-Ray

A few years back I bought an Fuji F200EXR over here, which was being sold as new. It arrived in a battered box which was marked with some kind of sticker (a coloured dot). The camera had already taken hundreds of shots. I requested a refund. I don't mind if theres 60 or so, it might indicate that it was store stock and on display... its new... but not... I would not send it back. Especially if its working well.

the last time I bought a new car, it had 60 miles on it. A car is a significantly larger expense and I didn't complain. Under a hundred shots is reasonable and I would consider it new. And as long as B & H sold it as new, it will be warrantied as new. I'd keep it and get out there and shoot with it.

Ok, thanks guys. After reading your comments and using the camera through the day-I've decided to keep it. You're right Ray-another one might have a soft corner or misfocus. Gone through every item in camera's menu and everything works. Again, lens is sharp and focus is about as good as I can hope for a point & shoot. Again, thanks for replies.

Back