News Saying Goodbye

Steve Noel

In Memorium
Didn't know where to post this. But, I guess, that it's news of sorts.

As an out take from the thread, "things I've learned, this month", I have been re-evaluating, some things (photography) in my life, that have been a part of my life for over 50 years. I have realized after some months of introspect, that I just don't like pictures as much as I use to, mine or yours. I still take a few along, for personal and family reasons, but, don't take as much pleasure in the forums and sharing with strangers, as I did in the past. Also, I'm losing my eyesight, to the point that it's hard to do photography, taking pictures, PP and seeing the best that others do. The pleasure is waning to the point of, why do it? I have other hobbies and pursuits, that keep me occupied. I have enjoyed the interaction with you all, and wish you all the best. I'll be around for a few days to say the "so-longs".:th_salute:

Steve, my eyes aren't failing, but I have similar feelings. I've always enjoyed your matter-of-fact posts. And I enjoy your images. They come from the same place as your posts. They are straight and honest without any extraneous nonsense. Feel free to stop by whenever the mood hits (or if you get an extra good shot). You're always welcome here. But I also understand the (possible) benefits of moving away and not wasting time (the one thing we can never buy....at least I've never seen it in the classifieds).

Fare well.

I too have a few hobbies that have been abandoned, whether short term or for good are yet to be determined. Sorry to hear your decision but it sounds entirely justified. Enjoy whatever pursuits bring you happiness! :drinks:

Steve, my eyes aren't failing, but I have similar feelings. I've always enjoyed your matter-of-fact posts. And I enjoy your images. They come from the same place as your posts. They are straight and honest without any extraneous nonsense. Feel free to stop by whenever the mood hits (or if you get an extra good shot). You're always welcome here. But I also understand the (possible) benefits of moving away and not wasting time (the one thing we can never buy....at least I've never seen it in the classifieds).

Fare well.

Couldn't say it any better. Stephen, all the best.

M.

Completely understandable, Steve... all the best, and if you ever feel like popping by, for an image or a chat, or just to see what we silly GAS-affected people are lusting over now and have a giggle (or a sigh), please do!

Whilst I entirely understand, I would far rather that this was just adieu... We are more than just a photographic community. That might be what brought us here but it is not the only tie that binds. This is a place of, and for, friends and you will always be welcome here.

Steve I endorse what has already been posted. I've enjoyed your contributions and the only thing I'd suggest is put a 6 month moratorium on selling your gear just in case :) .

All the best to you and yours.

I still like looking at pictures well enough; it's just reading other people's opinions about cameras that really sucks :D

Photography is a hobby, so do it while you enjoy it and set it aside when you don't. It sounds like you've got other things to keep you occupied so enjoy them while your passion for them is high. I'm sure that a camera will still be there waiting for you if the photography bug returns.

I surely do thank you all, for the warm wishes. I will keep the cameras out and handy for that occasional moment of gotta' get this. The family still likes for me to send something now and then. (They all live in other states) And, I'll maybe stop by here from time to time, to peep in the door, may be say howdy.

VERY sorry to see you go Steve, but I fully understand the sentiments. I know that at this point in your life photography is taking on less and less importance to you. I get a minor dose of that seasonally and I can fully anticipate that at some point as I age and face different health challenges, it will drop off considerably in importance.

It's been a real pleasure knowing you in however limited an online fashion. And I've really appreciated your various contributions here. Please feel free to stop by and say hello, even if not related to anything specifically photo-related. I've gone through a similar set of changes regarding bicycling, which I was extremely hard core about up until about 4-5 years ago, to where I barely ride at all anymore, due to a combination of factors, with health constraints being a big part of it. But I still drop in occasionally on one of my favorite bicycle forums because I still have a number of friends there and it's nice to just say hello and see what they're up to from time to time. So I hope you'll do the same here Steve. But in any case, be well, be happy, live it the way you want to...

Take care,

-Ray

Sad you are leaving us Steve. I only occasionally log on and comment here in Serious Compacts (sorry Amin, it will always be serious compacts for me no matter what sign you put on the door) but I check in every day just to see what everyone is up to. Please know that you are always welcome back here, with or without photos. Wishing you all the best.

Back