Feedback Mod please help with post

stillshunter

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
Mark
Not sure what I did with this post - but obviously the scripting doesn't like the brackets I have used or something else in the content. The post draws short halfway and is not displaying the remaining text below...or any other content. Can you please alter the text in some way so the entire post,and remaining thread, is visible.

NB: I tested the continuity of this thread by adding another reply after this post which is not visible. Very odd indeed....what did I do?

TIA

Ahh so it was a glitch. I was going to post there that I had decided on the GRD, but could not. The entire thing was truncated and no indication that it had been closed. Have you tried removing your post (copying first, then completely deleting it) then reposting?

Ahh so it was a glitch. I was going to post there that I had decided on the GRD, but could not. The entire thing was truncated and no indication that it had been closed. Have you tried removing your post (copying first, then completely deleting it) then reposting?

Thanks Sue. I did try but the post draws short and I cannot access anything below the offending text line - no Edit, Reply, etc. Hmmmpphhh

Oddly I just logged in via Tapatalk and there are no issues with the thread on there. Very odd. Seems to only be affecting the interwebs version - as tried on both my Safari and Opera browsers.

Might try and edit on Tapatalk and see if it comes good on here.

Edited via Tapatalk now all fixed! No further action required.

FYI Mods: seems the issue was with the following string:
[...] Please then use the standard naming convention of "SiJ15 - Day xx" I'd encourage you to allow members to comment [...]
In the bolded section the words "Day xx" were instead contained between colons :)) and a space each side. This seemed to have the effect of severing the thread - including not scrolling the page beyond the last colon including no Reply, Reply with Quote buttons, banners, footer information, etc.

Morning! I am less tech than the average pickled onion, but I suspect you inadvertently stumbled across some HTML which was automatically parsed and caused the problem. Under "posting permissions" at the bottom of the page you will see "HTML is On" set as a default.

Morning! I am less tech than the average pickled onion, but I suspect you inadvertently stumbled across some HTML which was automatically parsed and caused the problem. Under "posting permissions" at the bottom of the page you will see "HTML is On" set as a default.

Hmmm...I think you are right. Just off now to some other sites that I don't much like and see if the string works there too ;)

Back