Sony RX100 Mark I $384 New on eBay

Biro

Hall of Famer
Name
Steve
Big Value is back with another deal on the original Sony RX100 for $384.96. This is still $100 cheaper than the Mark 1 is generally going for these days. It looks like an import model but the seller is providing a one-year warranty.:

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 20.2 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only) for sale online | eBay

Question: Is the original RX100 still relevent? I'm looking around for something that's as pocketable as my Fuji XF1 but with more-reliable autofocus and better low-light ability. Sure, I'd like the EVF and faster lens of the Mark III, but it's more than twice the money. It's also not quite as easily pants or shirt pocketable as the original. I don't use the XF1 all that often so perhaps the Mark III isn't worth it. But maybe the Mark III would cause me to use my pocketable camera more often. Any thoughts an whether the original RX100 still has a place?

Steve, if you buy the RX100, what two cameras will you sell?

For me, I put that thing in my pocket once and I effed up the screen. I realized that pants pockets are not a great place for cameras. And it barely fit anyways. Looking at your stable, I'd much rather shoot with the GR which is hardly much bigger.

The original is still a great little camera. It works for me as the pocket can, but honestly I mostly use it for scuba in a housing.

Steve, if you buy the RX100, what two cameras will you sell?

For me, I put that thing in my pocket once and I effed up the screen. I realized that pants pockets are not a great place for cameras. And it barely fit anyways. Looking at your stable, I'd much rather shoot with the GR which is hardly much bigger.

I'm thinking about letting both the Fuji X-A1 and the Fuji XF1 go now that I have the X100T. But you may have a point about the GR. Longer but no thicker than the RX100. And I might still sell off those two Fujis anyway.

Curses and damnation!! My Ricoh died again today, but rather more thoroughly than usual. It simply refuses to turn on at all, at the moment. I took some shots this morning, all good, but when I brought it home again, I could not get it to respond to being plugged in to the computer to offload the shots. This has never happened before. Cant get it to start up again, I give up. Switching to Nikon V1 + 10-30mm for the rest of the month. Ricoh will be trashed.

J
Curses and damnation!! My Ricoh died again today, but rather more thoroughly than usual. It simply refuses to turn on at all, at the moment. I took some shots this morning, all good, but when I brought it home again, I could not get it to respond to being plugged in to the computer to offload the shots. This has never happened before. Cant get it to start up again, I give up. Switching to Nikon V1 + 10-30mm for the rest of the month. Ricoh will be trashed.

Is this one of the older Ricoh GR's with the smaller sensor or the APS-C GR, Sue?

J

Is this one of the older Ricoh GR's with the smaller sensor or the APS-C GR, Sue?

Good lord.... how the hell did my post end up in this thread??? I was not even reading it (RX100 isnt even on my radar). I was reading the thread about Single in January!!! I reposted there, because I thought I must have forgotten to hit the post reply button. The forum is being screwy. And yes, I was referring to my GRD3

Back