Fuji Never look at ebay...

donlaw

Legend
Name
Don
Confession of a camera purchase.
I have been very interested in how Fuji continues to refine their cameras, especially the X100 line. They have provided firmware and hardware upgrades to transform the inventive X100 in subtle and not so subtle ways. My history with it included buying a used original X100 which I subsequently sold to get an X100s. Then I felt the JPEG images from the original sensor were more to my liking so I sold the X100s and bought another used X100. Following online all the refinements in the new X100T, I became intrigued at the obvious effort Fuji was putting into details and small changes. I liked what I saw. They really care about making this version the best one yet. Still basic with no flipping screens or zooming lenses!
So, I go on eBay two nights ago and type in X100T and of course one can get it full price now from many sources.
Then I thought what if I sold the X100 again and tried an X100T. I could always get another X100 used if I was disappointed in the results.
Makes sense, right. So, I typed in X100 to get an idea of what the current prices are like.
To my surprise up popped a 'used' X100T that someone had bought, taken about 30 photos, had buyer's remorse and put up for sale with a buy it now of $1099.
I knew it would not be there long at that price so I punched the button.
Now I have a slightly used X100T in all black winging its way to my door.
So, lesson learned, stay away from ebay, unless you are willing to pay.
Confession over.

I have bought loads from Ebay; I tend to follow simple self imposed rules of look at what item I want is going for, wait until I can get for a lot less 10%+. Be patient and you can get some bargains, my average must be over 20% bellow common asking price. I have on one or two occasions stumped up as it was something I knew would be ideal for what I was doing at that time. I always check the dealers first though quite often an item will go for less with a warranty through a dealer than Ebay.

There was a thread in a forum about a Nikon FA. Now I'm waiting for a Nikon F2 shot at the electronic bay.
I was searching for a autofocus lens for a A7 and there was delivered a Minolta 7000 with a AF 35-70mm/4 and 50mm/1.4.
Yes, it can make you lost your money ("I've won again").

Congratulations, I buy on bay mostly for vintage gear but did pick up anEF42 flash for half the canadian price new from sammys and the 2 zooms in my signature from split up kits imn japan for about what the bigger soom sells for (actually about $50 less than it sells for)
Usually i prefer to wait on things and pick up close outs, my Fuji kit is complete enough it may be a while before I pick up anything else (Well I have a bid in on a takumar I don't own that is also an fl I would like for the XT1)
My wife would prefer if Ebay was blocked from access on all my devices ;)

you'll love the f2, way way back I had a kit i should have kept with 2 F2 bodies a MD and 6 primes and a big handle style Honeywell flash. sold it for more than I paid but still regret that move 35 years on

and my wife said the other day about the Ona bag I won, you won nothing the seller won your money :)

I have bought and sold on eBay quite a bit over the years. I follow a few simple rules.

Buying:
Research, then decide on how much I am willing to pay - and stick to it
Only buy from sellers with 100% relevant feedback
Only bid on items ending at inconvenient times - mid afternoon, or late at night

Selling:
Take decent photos
Give a full and accurate description.
Explain benefits not features - appeal to emotion
Set a sensible start and reserve price - proportionate to the item value
Never end an auction early
Never reveal your reserve
Always post the answers to questions

General:
Never ever commumicate off eBay or deal with anyone with a non-verified address

Great advice Bill.
I always check feedback on a seller before committing to buy.
Bargains can be had if you shop carefully.

I have bought and sold on eBay quite a bit over the years. I follow a few simple rules.

Buying:
Research, then decide on how much I am willing to pay - and stick to it
Only buy from sellers with 100% relevant feedback
Only bid on items ending at inconvenient times - mid afternoon, or late at night

Selling:
Take decent photos
Give a full and accurate description.
Explain benefits not features - appeal to emotion
Set a sensible start and reserve price - proportionate to the item value
Never end an auction early
Never reveal your reserve
Always post the answers to questions

General:
Never ever commumicate off eBay or deal with anyone with a non-verified address

Back