Sony 3 FF cameras and one with aps-c size sensor - non scientific comparison

retow

All-Pro
Just for fun and to start 2014 a completely non scientific comparison of the same scene shot with 3 FF cameras and one aps-c sensor equipped one. Different days, different light, on two cameras the same lens was used. The FF shots are slightly cropped the one with the apsc camera a little more. Which one to sell, which one to keep?

Which camera do you most like the pictures from, and are most willing to carry? There's nothing in these pictures that tell us that -- this is not an objective decision but a subjective one.

Never mind the cameras. What a lovely place!

Seriously, though, they all look fine. Obviously, the first one was shot on a slightly cloudy day (which makes the photo more interesting IMO) so it's hard to make a direct comparison. Among the other three, the main differences can be attributed to white balance settings, with the second photo having been set to a cooler setting than the other two, and the third photo exhibiting a very slight green cast. The second and fourth photos also have dust spots that should be cloned out.

They are all good. If I had to choose to keep one camera over the others, I would do so for reasons other than IQ.

Cheers,

Antonio

The pictures were taken with: 1. Sigma DP2M, 2. A7r with Summilux 50 asph, 3. Df with kit lens, 4. M9 with Summilux 50 asph. The dust spot was on the A7r sensor. The M9 will be sold, although it shows that it can keep up there with the best.

I'm a bit late to comment but the Sigma one stands out for me not least for its more subtle colour interpretation. Still yet to upgrade to Merrill but I recognise that Foveon signature.

Back