Micro 4/3 Played with new G3 yesterday at work

Name
Andy
It's GREAT!! Nice size and the EVF is very very good. It's a similar size to the GF-1 and if i had the money i would get one to replace the GF-1 no problem. The touch screen is quite good and auto focus is lightning quick..i mean stupidly quick!! It's a nice camera to hold also so if you get a chance to try one then do.

I'll wait to see what the images are like when people have posted theirs from their production models.

Yeah I hate it, spending 8hrs a day, 5 days a week in a HUGE shop surrounded by Sony, Panasonic, Fuji, Canon, Nikon, Casio, Rioch, Leica, Samsung and just about every photographic item currently being manufactured......

it's a Bitch!! :rofl:

new_store_image.gif

Just the Samsung section!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbtuhzjBMiynBVwhdGgSI0mV-FV7R9q34rg9_ZJERLUgIzozvI&t=1.jpg

I think your job could become very stressful over time!

I too found the G3 autofocus to be very, very fast. It would as you say make a nice move for a lot of GF1 owners. I am not sure it's write for me: the changes I see from GF1 are: built-in VF, articulating screen and some control changes. The high ISO performance is better, but I don't shoot much there.

But I do agree: in terms of size it's like a GF1 with a VF. Solidly built too.

If you took away the EVF, the G3 has the body shape and screen configuration I'd like to have in a m4/3 camera. I'm interested to see if this is the direction that Olympus is heading with their new model/s.

It's funny, a lot of people are doubting m4/3 after Panasonic announced the "dumbed down" GF3, that it seems like they had completely forgotten about the G3 release!

Some people seem to think, that in order to consider µ4/3 each µ4/3 camera has to be designed for themselves.

Sounds good, I'm hoping to have a play with one next week, then make my mind up whether to swap my LX5 for one.
Do you have the details of the gift pack, is it a full version of Lightroom 3? There's not a lot of info on anything other than rumor sites yet.

To answer my own question;
Yes, full version of lightroom 3 for every EU buyer of most models untill the end of August, details now on the Panasonic website;
Dealers - Lumix G 2011 Summer Promotion Dealer Locator - Panasonic UK & Ireland

I was teetering on the edge of upgrading to a G3 and as Lightroom was already on the shopping list that's enough to make me go for it. I'll just wait and see wherre the price goes in the next month...

I am so excited to try one of these! I've only used the gf2 before but I'm considering picking this up. Would be nice if Panasonic direct shipped a little faster...

Back