Not open for further replies.

wt21

Hall of Famer
Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
Selling</br> Canon EOS-M: body + 22mm lens
</br>Prices</br> $299
</br>Location</br> USA
</br>Ships to</br> USA
</br>Description</br> Well, I tried the M. It's a very nice camera (see my mini-review below), but I don't think it's for me. I just can't seem to get along with the 35mm eq FOV (having tried the X100, the Olympus 17/1.8 and even a Canon 35L). I guess I'm a 28 and 50 shooter. I also like my 45mm macro too much, to switch off m43.

I can ship it back to Amazon, but I think the $299 special is over (or at least the 22mm lenses are hard to find), so I thought I'd see if anyone here wants it. My price is firm, unless you are local to Metrowest Boston, in which case I'd do $275 in person. It's brand new, so I'm not going to take the time to take pics.

My mini review:
Pros:
  • Great build quality
  • Super quiet. Much quieter than m43. Lens is silent when focusing (unlike the buzzy P20), and shutter sound is very understated (quieter than my EPM2 or OMD)
  • LCD -- resolution, color, contrast. Gorgeous
  • Natural to use the LCD for controls
  • Though minimal, the grip is comfortable and effective
  • THE LENS! Oh my, this lens! It is sharp, focuses macro-close, is fast (f/2) and has gorgeous bokeh. I hope Canon does this same approach on a 28 or 50 eq! It is better than the Panasonic 20mm 1.7, IMO
  • $300 (less than the Panasonic 20mm itself, 1/2 the price of a used X100) for a great 35mm pocket cam!

Cons:
  • Large focus box
  • Slower focus (it's like EP1 + Panasonic 20mm slow. Or X100 slow)
  • Slowish shot to shot speed
  • Fewer buttons than other cameras

Basically, it's not a fast camera, but gives fantastic IQ. If you want a pocket 35, want it on the cheap, and don't rush your shots, this might be a good camera for you.

I'm leaving for a business trip Monday, so if it doesn't sell over the weekend, I'll just return it to Amazon.
</br>Payment accepted</br>
  • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
Shipping method</br> USPS priority insured
</br>Shipping charge</br> included
</br>Handling time</br> a couple of days usually
</br>References</br> here, mu, fm, etc.
</br>Additional comments</br>
  • Will ship only to the address on the PayPal transaction details page
  • Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address
Acknowledgement</br>
  • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back