Fuji X100 Firmware Update Likely to Come Next Week

Amin

Hall of Famer
Photo Rumors points out a Facebook comment from Fujifilm USA giving an expected release date of "next week" for the highly anticipated second firmware update for the X100:

fuji-x100-firmare-update.png

I have up to this point avoided buying the X100, rationalizing my choice with the need for a big firmware update as well as my reluctance to give up the multiple lens flexibility that my EPL1 offers. Having just returned from 11 days in Paris where I shot just over 1000 pics lol, I just realized that I never removed my 20mm 1.7 the entire trip. I never once said to myself "I need to go in my bag for another lens". Now I'm thinking perhaps I have over rated the necessity (or my desire) for multiple lenses. Hmmmmm..... certainly gives me food for thought, especially if this firmware update is a great one.

Sounds almost exactly like me kev! E-pl1 + 20/1.7 for me before I made the jump to the X100.

Whilst I can guarantee you won't have problems getting used to the setup, I can't say you won't be back to m43... Case in point, my x100 is up for sale and I have a new g3 on order :) (i kept my 20/1.7, guess I knew this would happen...)

I have no time for those dinosaurs.
My subject matter confuses me enough, I don't need lenses doing the same....
Those things are ok if ya like that sorta high falutin' technology...

You mean like my beloved Nex 5.... Did I say that....
Sheeeeesh...another old age moment...
Actually an update for that is due also...
can't wait for that one...

Wouldn't it be great if camera manufacturers had a website that allowed for input/suggestions from customers? And this is separate and apart from a customer service email or phone.

Back