Namaste guys & gals!

Bobbyji

A big howdy-do to you all!
I inadvertently bumped into this forum while researching an upcoming purchase, and whilst conversing with Ray Sachs, vis a via dpreview forums. I've hung-out there, lurking mostly, since I purchased my first 'serious compact' which was the original NEX 5 around 4 years ago I recon.

I've had the privelage of living in India from that time too, whilst making a good many trips into various other countries of SE Asia, so photographically speaking anyway, I lead a rich life!

I'm afraid that I won't be of much help regarding contributing to the brain trust around here, as I'm only now just getting more serious about my photo-journalism, and getting more into the 'art' of this medium.

So, I'll be here lurking as usual, but I would like to Thank You All in advance for all that I will be gleaning from these pages.

Sincerely,
Bobbyji (Robert)

Namaste Bobby and welcome!
I've spent many years in the Himalayas and SE Asia myself but definetely not many enough ;)
Looking forward to your images from back 'home'.

Yes, namaste and as we say here in Connecticut - welcome! Please consider sharing your photos soon - and if you have a photo hosting site such as Flickr, etc., it would be great if you'd add a link in your signature line. Can't wait to see your pictures, Bobby!

Hi again Bobby. Glad you found this place - much more civilized than DPR and much more tolerance/respect for various different cameras and systems.

So, WELCOME, and I'll see you around here...

-Ray

Gosh, a whole slew of responses; I'm over-whelmed! Thank YOU all!

First off, you are all welcome to come and visit my wife and I anytime, and I really mean that.
We have been living in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, for the last year but 'may' make a move to Dehrdun if a business proposition opens up for us. At any rate Shimla is in the Himalayan Range, and it's also a good place to jump to the North, like Leh in Ladach, or maybe to the Northern 'tier' Cities of Amritsar, Varanasi, & Calcutta. So very much to see, comprehend (or attempt to), and photograph...
Ray, I guess that I'd make a good detective, or maybe just a thorough researcher!? You hadn't mentioned this site (SC) but I kept tracking down leads through the search engine about the RX1 until I found the plethora of photographs, information, and really nice people here! Ya, and what a fresh breath from the pettiness on DPR, which must be what Soap Operas on TV are like!? :rolleyes:
OK gang, see ya around, and thanks again for the warm welcome.
Robert aka Bob, Rob, Bobbyji
('Ji' means Sir here, and is said out of courtesy and respect. 'Bobby' was a fantastically successful Bollywood movie of the early 70's, at a time I also lived here for a few years, and I was Always Bobby back then! However I went back to Rob/Robert this time around due to that experience, as they couldn't really get the phonetic nuances correct, so my name usually came out sounding like Booby. I didn't want to go through that again... :cool:)

Welcome Bobby/Rob/Robert/Bob!
Looks like you are having an exciting life.
I am looking forward to seeing your photos.
In the meantime: enjoy your time here!
Peter

Thanks again for the welcome folks.
Regarding the requests to see some pics; I'm sorting out my catalogs now (= no fun), and at the same time applying some PP tricks that I've recently learned for LR4. I'm not the best photographer (or should I just say that I'm not good?), but I do have a few good ones, and I am aspiring to become better as I have decided to do so. So we'll see what turns up here in the days ahead.
Shalom from Shimla,
Rob

Back