Music and Photography

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
Morning everyone

well what's happening today! - - bloody miserable weather here this morning, howling winds and heavy rain, (the Americans again; sending their lousy weather our way - my mother always used to say "it's never been the same since they put all those satellites up there")

Sometimes images remind me of songs

I've posted this in "photography techniques" as maybe it is.

The Kinks are my era - I don't have an image to post yet, (but I'll post it when I find it)

but the following has been buzzing through my mind this morning - I had an old image that I took in mind

Post your images and Utube clips - if you wish - it's always great to hear a song at any time during the day!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l9B3LEqO-cc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

released in 1970 - the above in Live in 1973

this is me about that time - the one in the "shirt" I was in Iran, (Persia at that time - working in the oilfields) - the shirt was "run up" in the local Bazaar.
I'm wearing a beautiful Seiko, (always been a watch fan), that I bought "tax free" in Kuwait - why am I wearing it on my right wrist? - was that "cool" at the time

bill.jpg

boy how we change - must loose a few pounds!!

Where is AzPete these days??

don't worry I'll be fine after my morning cup of coffee!

Handsome looking young chap there, Bill - what the hell happened to us all? I look in the mirror some mornings and hardly recognise the old fart staring back at me. The other guy in your photo looks a bit like a young Ayrton Senna

Another from our era - and very aptly titled. Jethro tull from 1969. I was a huge fan of them back then so went with a few pals to watch them a few times playing live, including one memorable gig at the Mardi Gras club in my native Liverpool in the mid 70s, around the time when the miners were taking industrial action. There were lots of power cuts taking place at that time so about 4 songs into the Tull set the lights went out in the club and the bouncers tried to get everyone to leave, but nobody was for budging - we were Scousers and we'd paid our money! So under the emergency lighting. Martin Barre and Ian Andserson came back on stage and did a 30 min acoustic set to keep us happy then suggested that we should do as the bouncers ask - and leave. I was back at the same club about 2 weeks later playing a gig with my own band but the lights stayed on that time :)

A few shots from the 70s - 2 x 1971 at a new years eve gig at Quaintways club in Chester, one with the girl I ended up marrying, and one of our wedding day in 1974 (the little fella is my nephew by the way :D )

Bc-LizampDaveQuaintwaysChester1973_zps162468c8.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ba-DaveplayinginWhiskeyRivercol_zps07b6dfe6.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 85579

Dewi,

yep - I'm not sure how I got from that photo to the state I am in now! - "Living in the Past" - maybe that's appropriate!
just off to take make daily round of "pills" to keep me going!

I had a suit and a tie a bit like that when I got married in 1973 and my hair had grown! and my best man wore a similar outfit with a bright red shirt, (my wife was not pleased) - he also had a droopy moustache
maybe appropriate

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xXpkt6revK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

in the Utube page

hit "share" then "embed" and copy the link
then you get the vid on the page

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YmPwYhHX_jY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ah!! Thanks, Bill. Never was good at these things with 'puters! Just to try it out - another of my all time great rock bands, i went to watch Paul Rodgers with the original line up of Bad Company a the MCN a couple fo years ago - he can still hold a tune

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B7lso-vgRvw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yay!! It works, cool (y).

P.S - forgot to mention, my missus, Liz was / is a huge Kinks fan - she had a thing for Ray Davies

Morning everyone

well what's happening today! - - bloody miserable weather here this morning, howling winds and heavy rain, (the Americans again; sending their lousy weather our way - my mother always used to say "it's never been the same since they put all those satellites up there")

Your mother knew about the satellites? I must contact the Admiral . . .

Back