Tripped by Old Broad..............

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
............Street.

Got ya attention.

I tripped over on an uneven pavement yesterday in Old Broad Street, London, and fell headlong into a busy road. My X100S was on a strap around my neck. My 6d with 70-300L was in my Billingham. I smashed my head on the road and was unconscious for about a minute (apparently) I am told that when I came 'round I asked someone to take a photo with the Fuji for the forum as it would make a great street shot. Always on duty!!!

I am OK. Bruised dignity, wrenched thumb ligament and a graze with bump over my left brow, my whole body aches after 17stone of my frame hit the deck

Importantly, no camera was hurt in this episode.

Now now. Fess up. You were texting, were you??

Seriously, glad to hear you're OK. I understand the bruised dignity. Sometimes I think I fear embarrassment more than being hurt. Glad about your cameras, too, but mostly happy that you are OK. Heal quickly.

If you went over on a sticking up piece of paving slab or similar, you should take a picture of the offending article too, in case you need to take action against the local authority somewhere down the line.

You may need to move quickly for this, or maybe someone could do it on your behalf. In my experience councils sometimes remove trip hazards very smartly after someone's had an accident.

-R

Peter - a fall bad enough to result in concussion and unconsciousness must not be taken lightly.

It is not too late to go to a&e, please go as soon as possible.

You need at the very least to have a head scan to ensure there's no slow bleed.

Blimey!! - Sounds nasty, Pete. As already mentioned, being out cold for any amount of time is never a good thing so take it easy for a few days and straight to A&E if you start feeling odd.

D

Back