Twice in Potsdam

Alf

Top Veteran
The Neues Palais
5731238693_8fb63812ae_b_d.jpg

The Sans Souci
5731237849_38f1bf78c1_b_d.jpg

Both with E-PL1 with 14-42mkI

Lovely shots Alf. Can I ask when you took these? I'm going to Berlin this weekend for a bike race and hope that the weather is as good as you had! We pass through Potsdam though unfortunately I won't have time to explore. Next time hopefully!

Also what are those portable buildings to the right of the Neues Palais, was there a festival there or something?

Can I ask when you took these? I'm going to Berlin this weekend for a bike race and hope that the weather is as good as you had! Also what are those portable buildings to the right of the Neues Palais, was there a festival there or something?

Both pictures are from Sunday Morning - it was cold, and preparing for rain which dutifully arrived later in the afternoon. Both taken on the royal palace grounds in Potsdam, which is a short distance west of Berlin proper. The area is huge and it took us a few hours just to visit the Sans-Souci and walk to the Neues Palais and back.
The structures you see belong to the restoration operation, which is working now on the second building of the Neues Palais. Some of them house the statues while restored.

I think you'll enjoy Berlin, bikes are first class citizens there and I think your race will allow you to see a lot, even at your speed. Its beauty is wideangle :)
Beware of the fact that as soon as it gets dark or cloudy, temperature drops seriously.

Back