And in this corner…

BruPri

Top Veteran
Name
Bruce J. Pritchard
…weighing in at 4.58 ounces, sporting 3.2 Megapixels and a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 2.8-4.7/5.8-17.4
Boasting a virtually non-existent lag time of 0.07 second, touted as the world’s fastest full-memory continuous shooting camrea, it can capture images at an incredible unlimited 3.5 frames a second!

And in 2004, could be had for a mere $499.99 USD

Now ladies and gentlemen, direct from my box of cables in the basement, please give a Serious Compact welcome tonight, to the (rebranded Kyocera) Contax SL300R T*

EmptyName_1.jpg

EmptyName_2.jpg

EmptyName_31.jpg

url=https://www.photographerslounge.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=12164&title=emptyname-5&cat=500]
EmptyName_5.jpg
[/url]

One of my favorites from the SL300R T*

EmptyName_7.jpg

Prior to this I had a Sony Mavica that wrote to floppy disk!

What vintage digital do you have lurking about?

I was a late adopter of digital, having bought my first digital camera (the original Canon Digital Rebel) in 2004. That one is long gone, but that same year I bought a Kodak CX7310 for my son, who was then 5 years old. That one I still have:

5672004693_c5ce32fa11_b.jpg

2004 Kodak CX 7310 by ramirezaponte, on Flickr

3.2 megapixels of digital goodness. Here´s a sample photo:

100_0218.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers,

Antonio

My first camera I ever bought for myself was a couple hundred bucks, reduced from a hell of a lot more. It was some kind of Samsung point-n-shoot 2.1MP. It was a very uninspiring crappy camera and I didn't touch another camera for ten years or so.

I like the (Equivalent) on the lens!

Yes, I like that too. I looked up the specifications, and the real focal length is nowhere to be found. Could not find the sensor size either. The lens is fixed focus and fixed aperture (4.5), with the exposure determined by shutter speed and ISO, both of which are auto only.

In spite of this, it actually takes decent pictures, but only in good light.

Cheers,

Antonio

My first digital camera was the Sony Cybershot P8 3.2 megapixel jobbie around the early 2000s - could be ;later my memory's not that good these days. :) It went everywhere with me - usually stuffed in a motorbike tankbag or panniers as I toured Europe. It was a far cry from my two superb Canon T90 film cameras, which were very cutting edge in the mid 90s and which I used on a professional basis, usually as my wedding back up cameras or for some commercial jobs. Sadly they were sold off to help pay a tax bill when I left shooting for a living behind.

Can't find the Sony anywhere, I thought it was in a drawer in my office but alas not! I did find a pic of one though in an e.bay ad - link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/ctg/Sony-Cyber-Shot-DSC-P8-3-2-MP-Digital-Camera-Silver-/100142254

There is also this picture I shot years ago of one of my T90 bodies: http://www.dewisant-photography.net/dewi_sant_photography_mono_20.htm

D

My first was a Kodak DC5000 weatherproof. Nice camera, nice price, I paid $1350AUD. It was a giveaway a couple of years ago.

My second, which I still have, Is my Olympus 3.2Mp C560UZ. Just got a couple new batteries for it off ebay. 1/2.5" sensor and a 1/8" LCD screen. Top stuff!
Archived Products &gt C-740/C-760 Ultra Zoom

However, I still drag it out from time to time and use it. Because I really like it.
Some old shots

View attachment 82976

8262035135_9443165b6b.jpg

It was a far cry from my two superb Canon T90 film cameras, which were very cutting edge in the mid 90s and which I used on a professional basis, usually as my wedding back up cameras or for some commercial jobs.

I too had a Canon T90 back in the day. What a superb camera that was! Traded it with a friend for a EOS IX back in 1998, when I had made the switch to the EOS system. Worst trade I ever made! The only consolation is that my friend, to this day, still uses it on a regular basis.

Cheers,

Antonio

Back