Sony Sony NEX 3n with Sigma 60mm 2.8 DN

NightBird

Regular
Name
Darren
Just picked up a NEX 3n and the 60mm 2.8 on the spur of the moment today due to what I think was a ridiculously low price. I took a quick shot @ f2.8 with it on the way home. Given it's tiny price, I'm very happy with the sharpness of these little bargains, even wide open.

I've read the 19mm isn't quite as nice, though I'm tempted to pick up one of those as well. Not having had a NEX before, the system is quite new to me and I probably now have a lot of reading to do.

11338278933_814a51c51e_b.jpg

Nice photo esp for us in freezing temperatures. There are lots of good deals on nex models. Sony is pushing the price down in lower models, very good deals esp considering they are using the same 16MP sensor that's been available in nearly all apsc bodies. Also Sigma 60 is one of the sharpest lenses that has been tested, so it should be a good match. If you can get the older versions of Sigma 19 & 30, they are also good value lenses. They are sold around $100 in US. You can check photozone tests on those:
http://www.photozone.de/sony_nex

I couldn't resist them for around $500AUD for both (Including the 16-50). Thanks for the link serhan. I'll keep an eye out for an older version of the 19. I probably couldn't pass up that either for $100.

If I didn't already have and love my X100s, I would probably be wanting either the 24mm Zeiss for Sony or the Fuji XF 23mm for my X-Pro.

It's going to be 32c here again today... Almost 90. Personally hoping it doesn't get much hotter this summer, though that's just wishful thinking.

This is the one Sigma DN lens I'd like to see in the Samsung NX mount. The 19mm and 30mm Sigmas are a bit redundant in the face of the very good (and smaller) Samsung 20mm f2.8 and the incredibly good (and smaller, faster) Samsung 30mm f2, but this lens would come in well under the cost of the Samsung 60mm f2.8 (albeit that is a macro lens).

I couldn't resist them for around $500AUD for both (Including the 16-50). Thanks for the link serhan. I'll keep an eye out for an older version of the 19. I probably couldn't pass up that either for $100.

If I didn't already have and love my X100s, I would probably be wanting either the 24mm Zeiss for Sony or the Fuji XF 23mm for my X-Pro.

It's going to be 32c here again today... Almost 90. Personally hoping it doesn't get much hotter this summer, though that's just wishful thinking.

I'll trade you your 90 degrees for my 10-20 degrees... haha ;)

Do you guys use the flash to bounce off the wall alot with this camera? I was going to do a group shot that included myself with the flash on a tripod with self timer and had to use duct tape in order to hold the flash up and bounce off the ceiling.

I find the built in flash pretty useless on the Nex 3n. I can't get decent balance, and it doesn't seem to have enough power to bounce in my modest rooms, especially for portraits with the 60mm. I tend to use my Olympus Fl600r as a key light (Bounced off a wall) for portraits now, just using the built in flash for triggering and a little fill.

Off topic, but the built in X100s flash, or the X-Pro1 with the EF-X20 on the other hand balances flash light almost perfectly in most conditions. Just a little extra diffusing using some opaque plastic over the flash allows those camera to get good results even without bouncing.

i sold my 16-50mm lens for a sony 35mm f1.8....just curious has anyone bought the SEL55F18Z Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 and used it on a 3N? If so, can i see what your pics look like on the 3N using that lens? Thanks.

They are not my photos, but 55 1.8 shots w/ nex-6:
Completing 7D to NEX-6/A6000 move, added Zeiss 1.8/55 (pics): Sony Alpha / NEX E-mount (APS-C) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

& 55mm 1.8 tracking shots w/ A6000 in FM:
A6000 + Fe55 f1.8 za

These should give you an idea.

i sold my 16-50mm lens for a sony 35mm f1.8....just curious has anyone bought the SEL55F18Z Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 and used it on a 3N? If so, can i see what your pics look like on the 3N using that lens? Thanks.

Back