Micro 4/3 8 images from a Dartmoor walk, 50% being "retro" (GF1 with adapted lenses)

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
With another fine day breaking our run of grey weather, due to return tomorrow, I ventured a little way up the Glaze Brook on the southern edge of Dartmoor this morning. Two cameras were carried, a G6 with a Panasonic 14-45mm zoom and a GF1 with a 35mm f/2.8 Nikkor and a 55mm f/2.8 micro Nikkor represented in these images. There are four images from each camera in this set.

131211-1000498_DxO.jpg

The slightest of frosts and a thin early mist are rising out of the valley. The Glaze Brook flows through the woods seen to the right of this picture. As the mist lifts the thin high cloud parts to reveal a pale pastel blue winter sky

131211-1000500_DxO.jpg

131211-1000503_DxO.jpg

There was still some slight evidence of the mist down by the brook itself

131211-1010786_DxO.jpg

Some autumn clours are still in evidence with the Beech leaves still hanging on the trees, they will be shed in early spring as the new buds break open

131211-1010778_DxO.jpg

The brook often flows through narrow defiles in the underlying rock

131211-1010814_DxO.jpg

One of the little falls caused by the brook flowing over the underlying rock

131211-1000509_DxO.jpg

131211-1010853_DxO.jpg

These two shots are of the Scad Brook, a side stream as it flows down to join the Glaze Brook

I hope these shots give some flavour of the pleasant conditions I experienced this morning, and make a stand for one of the "older" mft cameras that used to garner favourable comments.

Barrie

It's blue/green actually Paul, and then at the transition between the two, so the likes of "sea green", where I think it might tell is in judging for a colour cast in an image.

With grey weather in the forecast for the next two days look out for some black and whites from this mornings expedition.

Barrie

Thank you kindly Sir. All I knew was that I used to fail some 50% of the standard colour blindness test pictures. I was once sent for a private medical in connection with a job application and the doctor persued the colour blindness issue. It all works like a fault step analysis and you eventually end up at a diagnosis which I had previously been lacking (good old National Health Service).

He informed me that some 10% of the male population suffer some form of colour blindness (only 1% for females). As a child Father and I would agree on colours, Mother would often disagree, she lost 2 to 1, however as usual I guess Mother knew best :)

Barrie

Back