Micro 4/3 Piedras Blancas Lighthouse, San Simeon, CA (GH3 + 17mm)

Stan

Regular
Name
Stan
The much maligned Oly 17mm paired with the undervalued GH3 (as a photographic tool)... plus some ND filters, a tripod, and the lumix iPhone app for wifi shutter release.

10282920394_a5c72dc190_b.jpg

Actually, that much maligned Oly 17mm lens is, in my experience, a very cool and more than capable image-making tool. Beautiful image!

Btw, just out of curiosity: does the Lumix iPhone App for wifi shutter release work with ALL Lumixes?

The much maligned Oly 17mm paired with the undervalued GH3 (as a photographic tool)... plus some ND filters, a tripod, and the lumix iPhone app for wifi shutter release.

10282920394_a5c72dc190_b.jpg

Actually, that much maligned Oly 17mm lens is, in my experience, a very cool and more than capable image-making tool. Beautiful image!

Btw, just out of curiosity: does the Lumix iPhone App for wifi shutter release work with ALL Lumixes?

Thanks Miguel! I agree the 17 is a capable lens, and I find the snap focus very useful for night photography or when using ND filters for such landscapes. I just set it to infinity, and go to work.

The iPhone app only works with Panasonic bodies with wifi. I believe only the latest ones have this feature...GH3, G6, GX7, GM1.

Very nice! I like the 17mm a lot. The f1.8 version that is. I also have the f2.8 version, but I must admit that I've never used it!

Thanks! The 17/1.8 is solid. I wish it were a sharpness and contrast monster like the Canon 35L, but it more than passes the bar for my needs.

Back