Ricoh New GR - Profile question in Lightroom

uptime4downtime

I am a photog, but I'm new to the GR, and can't figure out the profile in lightroom 5. I understand DNG is naturally supported, but I read the the Richo GR is supported as a profile. But for the life of me, I can't see the profile listed. Is there something I'm missing? Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered about a billion times somewhere, but I have yet to find it. Regards

Are you talking about a lens profile? Assuming that the GR lens is designed to incorporate software correction in-camera there likely won't be an option to turn the profile on or off in Lightroom or ACR either; it will always be turned on.

Are you talking about a lens profile? Assuming that the GR lens is designed to incorporate software correction in-camera there likely won't be an option to turn the profile on or off in Lightroom or ACR either; it will always be turned on.

Thanks guys. Yes, actually, I was hoping LR5 would have both LENS profiles and COLOUR profiles. I only get Adobe Standard for COLOUR profile, and no LENS profiles, which seems rather odd. I shoot in RAW, so I assume that any automatic lens correction is off.

In regards to LENS profiles, I tried the Nikon A lens profile (similar lens etc) but vignetting correction was too intense. The Sony RX1 lens profile seemed quite decent, with just a little distortion and vignette removal at the edges. The GR is super in the corners

The more I think about it, I believe the GR lens is pretty decently controlled for distortion in any case, so I'm thinking it is not going to be a deal breaker. I can use the Sony RX1 lens profile if I need to, or simply apply vignette removal in batches via synching. It is a very nice little unit. Could have picked up the Nikon A for similar price, but the wide converter won me over

Back