Apple New iPhone

Anyone getting it? I want to, the camera interests me

A 15 per cent larger sensor. Wider ƒ/2.2 aperture.2 True Tone flash. Burst mode and slo-mo video.

No idea what True Tone Flash is, but the wider aperture and larger sensor is good. They don't say exactly how big that is but I believe the last was 1/3.2

Buy iPhone 5s in 16GB, 32GB or 64GB - Apple Store (Australia)
If the browser doesnt make you go to your nearest apple store, check the outrageous au prices.

I didn't even know until an hour ago that there are two new iPhones. Apple must be losing its magic with me. But I suppose having another year to go in my contract likely lessens my enthusiasm for new iPhones.

My contract is up in November so depending in reports from early adopters ? I probably will get one though. I reckon I get a good deal with my contract here in the UK. Pretty much unlimited everything including tethering and personal hotspot. I do like the fingerprint thingy
Or thumb

Two tone flash is two different flash units, each at a different color temperature. Hope the phone is smart enough to choose or blend as conditions warrant. No more blue faces!

The battery life is still pants, apparently. I am a heavy business user (my work phone is currently doing duty as a wifi hotspot for about four other devices) and I could not last half a day with an iPhone - I know, I've tried...

Sent from another Galaxy

I am getting one (upgrade from my 4), but not entirely for the camera. Mainly because I need more storage, and I would like the bump up in processing power. Also, a larger screen would be nice.

I am getting one (upgrade from my 4), but not entirely for the camera. Mainly because I need more storage, and I would like the bump up in processing power. Also, a larger screen would be nice.

After getting the iPad mini(which I slide in my cargo pockets) I really rarely use the phone for anything. If the phone were 1/4 sized like an iPod nano or something, I'd be better with that. Lol!
If only I could convince the world to just FRIGGEN TEEEEEXT MEEEEEE!!!! Lol! I'd NEVER talk on the phone. I'm far too much of a hermit for vocal communication... *flippant gesture of dismissal*. :D

The battery life is still pants, apparently. I am a heavy business user (my work phone is currently doing duty as a wifi hotspot for about four other devices) and I could not last half a day with an iPhone - I know, I've tried...

Sent from another Galaxy

That's one of the reasons I switched to the Motorola DROID Razr HD MAXX. Biggest battery in the business. Too bad that Android power management is so poor that background processes kill the battery...

Eliot, you made me guffaw out loud - albeit somewhat quietly because it's still morning in my neck o' the woods.

I will upgrade soon...from my iPhone 4.

So the camera is different from the 5? I haven't read up on anything but I am hoping that the 4G network will be more helpful for not losing calls - and since all I've been using of late is my iPhone camera, I'm definitely interested in the lens.:D

Sent from another Galaxy

After getting the iPad mini(which I slide in my cargo pockets) I really rarely use the phone for anything. If the phone were 1/4 sized like an iPod nano or something, I'd be better with that. Lol!
If only I could convince the world to just FRIGGEN TEEEEEXT MEEEEEE!!!! Lol! I'd NEVER talk on the phone. I'm far too much of a hermit for vocal communication... *flippant gesture of dismissal*. :D

Exactly. The day you get a tablet is the day you look at your smartphone and think, "the screen's too small"

Eliot, you made me guffaw out loud - albeit somewhat quietly because it's still morning in my neck o' the woods.

I will upgrade soon...from my iPhone 4.

So the camera is different from the 5? I haven't read up on anything but I am hoping that the 4G network will be more helpful for not losing calls - and since all I've been using of late is my iPhone camera, I'm definitely interested in the lens.:D

Yeah. It's a brighter aperture and larger sensor(not that it's LARGE by any means) but it IS bigger. Lol

Plus it has the twin flash which balances color better supposedly. One led is amber "gelled" hehehe

Exactly. The day you get a tablet is the day you look at your smartphone and think, "the screen's too small"

Oops. Forgot to multiple quote. Yay post count!!! (Yessssssss!!!!!) lol

Well I had a iPhone 4 and an iPad 2. Then I got the mini cause I'm a spoiled brat. And the big iPad got sat on a shelf till it was so dusty I couldn't touch it without having to wipe ALL the dust off of it... Can't be having a finger smear of cleanliness in the filth! ;) so it was given away

I truly can't foresee the day when I will get excited about a telephone (even one with a built-in computer and camera). And I will always pay as little as possible for one.

And contrary to Eliot's point...if they ever make one that has an integrated talk to text user interface so that I can talk on my phone to send text messages and text messages will be read to me in my choice of the following voices (Sir John Gielgud, Mr. T, Sean Connery, James Earl Jones, Halle Berry {really just so I can imagine that she is whispering in my ear}, Elmer Fudd and Miss Teen South Carolina 2007:eek:), I might actually lift my ban on smart phones.

Frankly a phone where I need a typewriter built-in is anything but smart.

I may be a hermit, but I'd rather spend 10 second talking to you on a phone than a minute typing out what I want to say.

Oh damn. Is that what happened when I got my mini (already had an ipad3). I've been looking longingly at the 5 and 6" phones (I never make calls... well, hardly ever, and if I do I use a headset) and thinking if only Apple would make one of *those* I could dispense with the mini altogether, and maybe the other ipad too.

...if they ever make one that has an integrated talk to text user interface so that I can talk on my phone to send text messages and text messages will be read to me in my choice of the following voices (Sir John Gielgud, Mr. T, Sean Connery, James Earl Jones, Halle Berry {really just so I can imagine that she is whispering in my ear}, Elmer Fudd and Miss Teen South Carolina 2007:eek:), I might actually life my ban on smart phones.

I think Siri does something like this. Dunno about the voices though. I dont use Siri at all.

I think Siri does something like this. Dunno about the voices though. I dont use Siri at all.

I think this may very well be true, but someone better tell all the text addicted clowns I see parked at green traffic lights. In 5 years we will all look back at this era of cel phone/ telecommunication era and laugh about how people would furiously stab at tiny little buttons for a minute or two to send a message that would take 5 or 10 seconds to speak.

Texting is truly ridiculous and ineffectual.

I truly can't foresee the day when I will get excited about a telephone (even one with a built-in computer and camera). And I will always pay as little as possible for one.

And contrary to Eliot's point...if they ever make one that has an integrated talk to text user interface so that I can talk on my phone to send text messages and text messages will be read to me in my choice of the following voices (Sir John Gielgud, Mr. T, Sean Connery, James Earl Jones, Halle Berry {really just so I can imagine that she is whispering in my ear}, Elmer Fudd and Miss Teen South Carolina 2007:eek:), I might actually lift my ban on smart phones.

Frankly a phone where I need a typewriter built-in is anything but smart.

I may be a hermit, but I'd rather spend 10 second talking to you on a phone than a minute typing out what I want to say.

Alan Rickman FTW.

Back