Film Lo-Fi madness ...

pdh

Legend
shot with a camera made of cheese rinds and milk bottle tops, and developed in squished cockroaches and the remains of something I found in a plastic glass outside my front door after the local kids had been hanging around.

unfortunately the local swimming pool is shut so no candids of seminaked laydeez were possible.

9419504465_0f466e7a6e_z.jpg

b20130802-3 by _loupe, on Flickr

9422268056_d4a3d30a90_z.jpg

b20130802-1 by _loupe, on Flickr

9419505921_6525220104_z.jpg

b20130802-2 by _loupe, on Flickr

Nice. The tones of the last one give a tease of sharpness. (That's as artsy as I get.) Maybe we need a homemade camera subforum. I have a colleague in Art that teaches course using the old methods like tintypes, as well as the regular film photography courses. Her courses are very popular; I think the old methods seem like magic to students.

Haha you say "street cred" to a kid now and they'll howl with contempt and embarrassment ! It's a phrase that only old geezers like us remember .

I believe "fresh" has some currency these days; though the approach of not trying to keep up but just waiting for stuff to roll back round has considerable merit.

I lost what little remained of my street cred when I tried to be cool and used the phrase "on the down low" (which I meant to mean.....keep it quiet), but was then informed that the new meaning was totally different. Some would certainly consider the subject unsavory, so I'll let you Google it if you like. But that was certainly not the way I meant it.

Needless to say, I don't try to stay "fresh" with the current lingo anymore.

Hmm I start an image thread and it ends up some sort of old man's moan club.

Oh well I suppose I have only myself to blame. :banghead:

pinhole camera with 120 film

Holga072813.jpg

Back