Sony New to the RX-100

fishworks

G'day,
Im a new member to this site as i have just really taken up a interest in Photography.After lots of research and speaking to a few people at different camera shops the RX 100 was highly recommended by all.

I have spent some time playing around with the camera but not sure what all the settings etc mean and what they do.
Im very interested in working out how to do the Picture effects etc. I can manage to take a good photo but not sure how to apply the picture affects as i really like some of them i have seen posted on this site.
if someone could give me a simple run down on how to do this that would be really great.

Look forward to sharing some of my photos

Thanks

Brad - Melbourne Australia

Hi Brad,
Welcome to the forum. Only the watercolor and Illustration effects can be applied after the shot (and only if shot in JPEG). There's at least one discussion thread about that procedure on here...I'm sure you'll find it browsing through the RX100 forum. I have my front control ring set to scroll through the complete list of effects. When I see a scene that I think calls for it, I often shoot it with a couple different effects (and without) and then I review them later to see what works best. Feel free to ask more questions, share your opinions and definitely some photos.

Welcome to the forum, fishworks! I'm looking forward to the photos. The RX100 produces some great watercolor effects that I can't reproduce on my phone or computer.

Managed to get out today to have a play with the new camera i didnt get to take alot of pics as i planned due to the weather

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 365
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 354
Back