Hello from Okinawa, Japan

taphoto

Regular
Name
Thomas Alan
Hey everyone I'm Thomas Alan from Orlando, Florida but currently living and working in Okinawa Japan. I'm a full-time Staff Photographer for MCCS (Marine Corps Community Services). I shoot with a variety of cameras to include a Nikon D4, Fuji x100 and X-Pro1. Since last year I've been shooting all my personal work with my Fuji's however. Recently I've even gone back to film shooting medium format. If you like you can check out my work on my site at http://thomasalan.net

Thanks,

TA

Welcome. I stuff spent 6 years in Okinawa during the early/mid 90s (I was TDY most of the time). Great place back then, I hear it has gotten even better.

Happy shooting!

- tdp

Welcome Thomas, what dictates what equipment you use in your line of work?

Hey James, Usually my mood :). No seriously it usually depends on what I need and what look I want. When I need speed and or larger lenses (over 200mm) I reach for the D4. If I'm shooting something where I want saturated colors I reach for the Fuji's. Many times I will shoot with the Fuji's just because they are smaller, lighter and just more fun to shoot with. :)

Welcome. I stuff spent 6 years in Okinawa during the early/mid 90s (I was TDY most of the time). Great place back then, I hear it has gotten even better.

Happy shooting!

- tdp

Hey there. Same here. I was stationed here in the 80's. It's changed a bit but I still love it.

Thomas, welcome aboard and thanks so much for your links. I've just begun looking through your blog...and your main website, as well. I'll definitely be spending more time there. Loved= that Mark Twain quote
Quote of the Day

May 6, 2013
"There are lies, dammed lies and statistics." ~ Mark Twain

Take everything with a grain of salt.
:D

I'll also add my "Konichiwa". It's one third of all the Japanese I know. I learned it from my Dad who was stationed over there in the early 50s. I look forward to finding time to check out your photos.

Back