Nikon Two or more bodies?

Now that I ordered a V1 from Cameta (and am busting for it to arrive but it wont come for a while)... I'm curious about which lenses you allocate to which camera.

I'm thinking 10mm to live on the J1 (street and random, not that I am a street photographer) and zooms on the V1. I'll be getting the 18mm and at some time I will also get the 32mm, its too hard to pass up and if I have paid that much for pentax lenses I can hardly complain about the Nikon 1 costs :)

So... how do you guys distribute your lenses over more than one body. Do you have particular preferences?

My guess is that when you get the 18.5 you won't be using the zooms much.
I will always have the 10mm attached to a body though. The other body gets to use the 18.5 and the 30/110.

What John said. :)

I usually have the short lens on the J and long lens on the V. Tele shooting is a bit more stable when I can hold it up to my face. Now that the prime's in play, the 10-30 will likely stay in the bag for a couple of runs until I've satiated my prime fix.

I would think one would want the longer lenses on the camera with the viewfinder - it's a much more stable arrangement even with IS. That's pretty much the way I work with micro four thirds.

Agree. Or at least the body with the better grip for stability.

Agree. Or at least the body with the better grip for stability.

I've already added a flipbac to the J1, and will get one for the V1 as well. Mind you there seems to have been a bit of a hiccup with my order... waiting to hear from Cameta as we type. If its fallen in a heap (Nikon USA does not want these stores sending to Australia, go figure) I'll buy locally and may even get the V2 after all.

Back