Fuji 2018 Detroit Auoto Show

Larry T

Regular
Name
Larry Thacker
I took my X100S along with us to the NAIAS on Tuesday.

DSCF7863.jpg

DSCF7865.jpg

DSCF7866.jpg

DSCF7867.jpg

This is the car Steve McQueen drove in the movie, 'Bullitt', made in 1968. One of my favorite films.

DSCF7875.jpg

My grandson loved all the cars, as long as they were red. ;-)

DSCF7877.jpg

I want this one.....
DSCF7848.jpg

Or this one....

DSCF7836.jpg

The Suburu on the luge course exhibit was interesting, too.

DSCF7840.jpg

My wife finally convinced him to leave after he watched the video three or four times.

Last edited by a moderator:
My best friend's dad bought a new, Caspian blue, Mustang convertible in 1964. I was 8 years old at the time, went on to work for GM as an electrician for 41 years, and I still love Mustangs.

My father was a bit of a car connoisseur back in the day, one of my earliest memories is rolling around a Mercedes 220SE and Mustang Mach 1. I preferred the Mustang because it was a bright yellow as opposed to the Benz which was a drabby blue which I found boring at my age.

Although I'm not a big car buff, classic Mustangs will always have a special place in my heart.

So I was curious who owned the original "Bullitt" car and found this article...... Ford Mustang found in Mexican junkyard is from 'Bullitt,' expert confirms

So I wonder.....is the car in the story the one you saw....or the other one used in the film. Either way....it's very cool to see it. I'm still not sure that car chase has ever been bettered...though the one in "Ronin" makes a compelling case.

There were two Mustangs used, one for the chase scenes, and another for the beauty shots. The car in the pictures is the Beauty shot car. The other car was really beat up during filming and was supposed to be scrapped.

Back