Fuji My X-E1 arrived today.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
My refurb/display stock 'sexy one' arrived today with its 18-55mm lens. Had limited time to play but it was an easy transition from the X100. Lots of boring pics of our driveway etc but hope to get some 'real' photos tomorrow. My son-in-law was doing some external painting for us.

With the nose-diving Australian dollar I decided to order the 55-200 before the price goes up spurred on by Petach's great shots of the last few days. Got it for $800AUD (about $730 USD) so am happy with that.

Here's one that wasn't too bad:-

9213788047_e5f75853e1_b.jpg

F2.8, 1/140, ISO200.

That's exciting stuff. Congratulations. You an probably get by on just those two lenses for quite some time. I'm waiting to see how the July 25 firmware update goes (don't forget to update your camera at that time). But if the improvements are as good as hoped, I'll likely be ordering an XE-1 of my own - when the next sale comes around.

'Just jumping on an old thread here as I couldn't find an existing one any more appropriate. I took the plunge yesterday with my wife's blessing and ordered an XE-1 body in black and a 35/1.4. My X20 and XF-1 experiences have been so good I couldn't pass up the XE-1. The body and the lens should arrive on Monday with images soon to follow.
And now for a bit of irony - I'm on my way out the door to participate in an academic open house where I teach. I have a 5D in my Domke bag to cover the event and keep the PR folks at the college smiling. :rolleyes:
. . . David

'Just jumping on an old thread here as I couldn't find an existing one any more appropriate. I took the plunge yesterday with my wife's blessing and ordered an XE-1 body in black and a 35/1.4. My X20 and XF-1 experiences have been so good I couldn't pass up the XE-1. The body and the lens should arrive on Monday with images soon to follow.
And now for a bit of irony - I'm on my way out the door to participate in an academic open house where I teach. I have a 5D in my Domke bag to cover the event and keep the PR folks at the college smiling. :rolleyes:
. . . David

For all the back and forth you might hear about that 35mm f/1.4, it's one of my favorite all-time lenses already. Love that thing.

I haven't had a lot of time with my new XE-1 and 35/1.4 yet but what I am seeing with very limited images is pretty incredible. I've discovered I really enjoy leaving the camera on ISO640 - lot's of headroom for acceptable shutter speeds with wide apertures and astonishingly good resolution with hardy any noise.
Here's a shot from last night.
. . . David

Attachments

• Pumpkin on Porch (1 of 1).jpg
    Pumpkin on Porch (1 of 1).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 481
Our son came home from college for the weekend and mentioned he had a "head shot" done where he goes to college for one of his performance classes. (He's a Music Theater major.) A quick look revealed a need for a re-do.
The XE-1 with the 35/1.4 and a Fuji EF-20 flash with an Stofen Omni Bounce were what was available at home plus some ambient light a very handy off white wall.
ISO 800, processed in LR5, Silver Effex Pro 2 and Imagenomic Portraiture. I really like the way external editing "loops in and out" of Lightroom.
The shots were to be "dramatic/theatrical". 'Not the best we've, (my wife directed the poses), ever pulled off but I have to say the XE-1 and 35/1.4 lens certainly performed admirably.
'Thought I'd share the images.
. . . David

Attachments

• *Dylan - Promotional Shots(W) (1 of 2).jpg
    *Dylan - Promotional Shots(W) (1 of 2).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 298
  • *Dylan - Promotional Shots(W) (2 of 2).jpg
    *Dylan - Promotional Shots(W) (2 of 2).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 296
Back