Hello from The Netherlands

pniev

Student for life
Hello, I am Peter and I do live in the Netherlands. Some of you may know me from the FujiXspot forum. I recently became aware of this forum. I am eager to improve as a photographer and to learn as much as possible from you. I like travel, macro, and nature (my wife tries to keep me away from flowers and other little things ;-) ). Perhaps even more important, I'd like to interact with friendly people in a friendly setting about a common passion!

A bit about my photographic history. My last analog camera was the Nikon F-801. My last DSLR was a Nikon D200. That camera brought me to some special places including Monument Valley and Wadi Rum desert. That seems like ages ago, so I included 2 shots in vintage lookL
8935807083_c4664024d0_b.png

View attachment 70782

After getting tired of carrying around a DSLR with extra battery grip and heavy lenses, the Fuji X10 became an intermediate camera. That camera brought me to France:
View attachment 70783

Then I was fortunate to win a Fuji X20, which is a great camera. Two shots I took in Antalya, Turkey.
View attachment 70784

More recently - after an extensive comparison between Nikon D800, Fuji x-pro1, and Fuji X-E1 - I became the proud owner of an x-pro1 with 18-35-60mm lenses (yes, I should have waited for the deals!!). The camera is really fun to use, especially in manual mode! My first trip was to the Keukenhof in the Netherlands.
View attachment 70785
View attachment 70786

Thanks for looking and I am looking forward to interacting with and learning from you,

Peter

Peter, welcome to Serious Compacts. While there are some here who like to champion their favorite camera brand here, you'll find this group is much more brand agnostic than most. In the end it's about the photographs.....and yours look great. Make yourself at home.

Back