Leica 1917, April 1: Ludwig J. Bertele started his apprenticeship …

radi(c)al_cam

Regular
Name
Alexander
By chance, I stumbled upon this advertising — Bertele's son wrote a biography on one of the most important lens designers:

Buchtipp: «Ludwig J. Bertele – Ein Pionier der geometrischen Optik» | fotointern.ch - Fotografie Nachrichten

Erhard Bertele
«Ludwig J. Bertele – Ein Pionier der geometrischen Optik»
120 Seiten mit zahlreichen Fotos/Abbildungen
Gebunden, Hardcover
Format: 25,0 x 21,0 cm
ISBN: 978-3-7281-3816-3
Verlag: vdf Hochschulverlag ETH Zürich
Auflage: 1., 2017
Sprache: Deutsch
Preis: CHF 48.00, EUR 46,00

Das Buch kann hier online bestellt werden

Thankyou- I hit the translate to English button, and I will have to look for the book- about the Optical Engineer that created the best lens of all time. I'm not a little biased. I'm a lot biased.

Thankyou- I hit the translate to English button, and I will have to look for the book- about the Optical Engineer that created the best lens of all time. I'm not a little biased. I'm a lot biased.

Publisher is the ETH Zürich's publishing house, and the author is a scientist himself, so I guess it's worth reading :)

Here I found the table of contents:

3816_Inhaltsverzeichnis.pdf

And here an extract:

3816_Ludwig-J-Bertele_Leseprobe.pdf

Thankyou- is there going to be an English version, or an electronic copy- which could be translated?

Contax Biotar or Sonnar is enough for me to want it! I would be interested in reading why the F1.4 Biotar which preceded the Sonnar was not available. I have a 4cm F1.4 Biotar, ~1928 manufacture. The Sonnar has better transmission, and more character- the Biotar F1.4 was in production when the Sonnar was being computed.

Thankyou- is there going to be an English version, or an electronic copy- which could be translated?

Very good question. They also offer an eBook:
Ludwig J. Bertele
— but I realise now that the *.pdf files above are apparently protected against copypasta and translation :(

The publishing house's contact data:

Kontakt

• vdf Hochschulverlag AG an der ETH Zürich

VOB D, Voltastrasse 24
    CH–8092 Zürich

+41 44 632 42 42

+41 44 632 12 32

verlag@vdf.ethz.ch

Back