A Few From Santorini, RX1

aahhhhh.... good friends of us live on Mytilini, and we've been there a few times in the beginning of May, when the season is just starting. Your pictures ooze the tranquility one senses on those islands in that period.

Beautiful images. I once read that about 80% of the promotional pictures you see of the Greek islands (front covers of guide books, posters in travel agents etc) are actually of Santorini.

-R

Unusual treatment for Santorini Chris - quite like it

There are two directions on Santorini- Up & Down- even sideways is Uphill

I love this glow look you use a lot (Color Efex Pro, or something else???). And I think it works really well here. But whenever I attempt something similar with such a sharp camera I almost feel like I'm doing something wrong... I do it anyway, and as good as you are with these techniques, I hope you stay with them also, but it does feel sort of funny taking a camera with 24mp resolution and toning it down to that degree...

-Ray

The glow effect does give the images a certain something - maybe a mirage-like effect bringing to mind oppressive heat? - but I think I personally would've kept them sharp. The changing of the guard pic is stunningly well timed! :clap2::hail:

Back