Fuji X100S Field Test Video from TCSTV

Nice review guys! I enjoy your videos.

Now, you got me thinking as im getting a X10 for my fiancee. no im wondering if i go straight up to the x20.

The X20 is an enormous improvement. Even without the great new X-Trans sensor, the OVF is the coolest thing on a compact right now.

Love the reviews. So between the two X cameras, which one has seen the greatest improvement?

*Split image btw is very cool, very rangefinder.

Thanks guys, great video as usual.

Not as much discussion of the auto focus on the X20 as the X100s - does it seem as fast and accurate? How does it do at the longer end of the zoom, say for portraits in moderate to low light? That's the place really good auto focus tends to matter most to me and can be the most frustrating. Not as much of an issue with the fixed semi-wide lens on the X100s, but since the X20 zooms in to portrait shooting length, I'm more interested in how it does shooting at those focal lengths.

Thanks much,

-Ray

Really enjoy your videos. Not sure how familiar you are with the LX7, but I'll ask anyway...

Interested in how they do on macro performance, esp. compared to the LX7.

Also, as a video camera (frame rate options aside), how good are they in terms of image quality vs. the LX7?

Thanks!

Edgar

Love the reviews. So between the two X cameras, which one has seen the greatest improvement?

*Split image btw is very cool, very rangefinder.

I'd say the X100S had the largest improvement, as the AF performance was the major problem with the X100. The X10 already had pretty good AF, though it's even better now. Both have had huge improvements in image quality.

Macro is a touch better on the LX7, but the X20 resolves more detail, so you could crop in and make up the difference.

When it comes to video, the LX7 outperforms the X20 in every regard, resolution, controls, audio quality and low light performance.

for real? do i understand this correctly? no standard hi-def 1080p 30fps video in the X20? what were they thinking??????

i use my Sony RX100 (as a back-up video camera to my D800) and was planning to replace it with the X20, but if i can't shoot good video with it, it's pointless to me.

thoughts?

ps- what a wonderful review!

Macro is a touch better on the LX7, but the X20 resolves more detail, so you could crop in and make up the difference.

When it comes to video, the LX7 outperforms the X20 in every regard, resolution, controls, audio quality and low light performance.

Thanks Jordan. That's exactly what I was hoping for.

Back