get well card for a friend

Very nice, and kind of you Luke. That picture certainly lightens my heart.

My Mum had Bell's Palsy in her 60's and came through it fine. She's 97 now and still surprising all of us.

Luke,

I hope your friend gets better.

I first heard about this disease from my girlfriend. Her friend and co-worker was diagnosed at an early age this disease. She recently had a flare up that was pretty debilitating. It took her friend several weeks before she could recover enough to come back to work, since her job is 90 percent on the phone and it for her, effects speech.

A good friend of mine who's a doc got hit with that a few years ago. Did a number on him for a few months, but he's back going strong now. Still a fine athlete, getting into his '60s I think.

I'm not generally into macros or insects, but my goodness those are simply amazing. I don't know or care if they work artistically, but they're just fascinating to look at. Really cool stuff. Anyway, I hope he recovers well and fully from this.

-Ray

I'm not generally into macros or insects, but my goodness those are simply amazing. I don't know or care if they work artistically, but they're just fascinating to look at.

When he first started doing them, I was like....come on....give me a BREAK. Bugs....every single day?! And in no time, I got HOOKED on them. The detail is so amazing. Some of those shots are like 100 shots each all stacked up because the DOF at that magnification is TINY. I should look for the shot where he showed how focus stacking worked...it's pretty amazing.

And I'm not sure I've ever met a finer stranger on the internets.

When he first started doing them, I was like....come on....give me a BREAK. Bugs....every single day?! And in no time, I got HOOKED on them. The detail is so amazing. Some of those shots are like 100 shots each all stacked up because the DOF at that magnification is TINY. I should look for the shot where he showed how focus stacking worked...it's pretty amazing.

And I'm not sure I've ever met a finer stranger on the internets.

Does he do it for his own enjoyment or is he involved in some scientific documentation project? The level of technical skill involved in that kind of stuff is just overwhelming...

-Ray

He does it for pleasure. He enjoys the discipline. He also enjoys insects. He was contacted by a company that makes honey about using one of his images for their label. They loved it. The amount of money offered was pretty substantial....like a nice new camera. He is just so into insects that he informed them that this particular bee didn't produce honey and that he'd be happy to shoot one for them that did.

Apparently they already had a second choice picked out and said thank you, but no. Man, he was ticked off about that for day.

Luke, nice card. She was young in college, a family friend, was hit with Bell's. Half her face quit working. The family was told that recovery could be pretty slow, but in a few months things will be getting back to normal. I checked with my photo buddy/best friend who's a physician, and he said yeah, not much anybody can do, but in a few months things will be geting back to normal. The family spent a ton of money on a miracle cure and such. Nothing worked ... in a few months she was getting back to normal. Her smile isn't perfect, only those who knew her earlier could tell. But it was good enough for her to be crowned Miss Cerritos a year after she was first diagnosed.

Tell Craig to hang in there, follow doctor's orders and in a few months things will be getting back to normal.

Gary

PS- Cute pix of Chuck.
G

My husband was hit with Bell's Palsy 4-5 years ago in the spring (when he was 53-54 yrs old). It did take 6 months for his face to go back to normal. His speech was affected for a while and it too went back to normal.

The card is lovely, Luke. Also went and had a look at his insects, and the video. He was a very lucky man, getting nearly full recovery in 2 months. That was really fast. A woman I worked with, her face really dropped on the side she was affected on, it wasnt just static, poor thing was drooling out that side, I think she ended up having a year off, and her face never quite got back to normal.

Back