I'll Start the ball rolling.

Ripleysbaby

supernatural anesthetist
Name
Garry
Although i know most here are stills shooters, I thought i would ask Amin for this video section.
So here we are. I've nothing to add as yet, but i do scan Vimeo from time to time to check out
short films and animations. There is a whole load of talent out there. This video caught my eye.
I clicked on it because it was B&W. Turned out to be a music video.
It floated my boat. Not everyones cuppa fur sure. But the music stirred my soul.

Give it a listen, you may like it. Its good loud btw !

<iframe src="Woodkid "I Love You" from WOODKID on Vimeo" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p>I LOVE YOU from WOODKID on Vimeo.</p>

Can anyone tell me what words/no words means with regard to the video section?

I don't understand the general idea even after reading about the W/NW bit. Why is video in that?

Thanks.

No idea. Hadn't even seen it until you mentioned it. Does it mean you can post pictures/video without explanation . Or post realising you may only get a like and no comment.
What is the forum definition of
Words/no words ?

Here's a good explanation of the concept behind W/NW ........... https://www.photographerslounge.org/f92/words-no-words-w-nw-image-threads-what-does-mean-708/

Although, why every video thread is by default a W/NW thread isn't quite clear to me. I think the gist of the concept is to have a W/NW forum with loosely thematic threads where people can post images to share without needing to start a new thread every time they take a great photo. Single photo threads are kind of a drag.

Here's a good explanation of the concept behind W/NW ........... https://www.photographerslounge.org/f92/words-no-words-w-nw-image-threads-what-does-mean-708/

Although, why every video thread is by default a W/NW thread isn't quite clear to me. I think the gist of the concept is to have a W/NW forum with loosely thematic threads where people can post images to share without needing to start a new thread every time they take a great photo. Single photo threads are kind of a drag.

Thanks, Luke.

Yes, that was my confusion in particular: why all video is in that category. There is a drop-down selector when you start the thread, but only one valid choice.

I've been posting my videos more in the micro four thirds section because of this.

Back